Home

FIFA 17 Review

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Review within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 17 Review

It’s 2 a.m. and I’ve been playing FIFA 17's new mode ‘The Journey’ for the past five hours. Well, at least I think it's 2 a.m. -- I’m far too hooked by the mode's addictive qualities to look at my phone. Alex Hunter’s tale is an intriguing one, and my personal mission to achieve glory as a member of the AFC Bournemouth squad has engulfed my interest.

I don’t want to venture elsewhere, but there's more to discover. After I've sampled its entire feature set, I come to realize that FIFA 17 is somewhat of a divided experience on the pitch –- a game of two halves, if you will. While it succeeds in creating a primarily authentic experience against the CPU, it undoes a lot of that work when more users get involved, fluctuating between arcade and simulation tendencies along the way.

Read More - FIFA 17 Review (Written by: Fraser Gilbert)
Platform: Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
nice score : 8. i see career mode unchanged.. shame on EA for being lazy to improve better in career mode.. 2ksports are best at add more features and improve My GM/League. i don't know if it worth playing
Old 09-24-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Im in love with PES 17 but I was ready to buy both this year but this review has turned me away.

"Another thing that lets it down is its lack of personality. If it weren’t for the immersive levels of presentation, it'd be easy to forget who you were up against. Every team tends to play in a similar fashion, and the lack of diversity becomes evident in no time."

Same reason I skipped NHL 17 this year....
Old 09-24-2016, 11:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
I think a lot of what you're referring to as far as multiplayer gameplay goes has to do with the way people play online. Most of the people I play online have a very attack oriented game style and no matter how you make the game it'll never feel as if you're playing the CPU.

I actually bought PES17 and it's a good game but I found myself playing the FIFA demo literally hours after purchase. FIFA in my opinion is a more complete game and I feel more immersed playing it. Frostbite has done wonders for the game visually. The lighting, player sweat, facial expressions are on point. I don't agree with the score of an 8 unless you're planning on giving PES 17 a 7. I'm a PES guy for the record but for the first time ever, the graphic detail for FIFA doesn't feel cartoonish and the game plays beautifully. I give it a solid 9 and PES an 8.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
PES 17 is fun and everything, but as an XBOX ONE owner it would be silly to pick this over FIFA 17.Through the years i bounced between the two games but since FIFA 12 i loved the simulation style of gameplay, the footplanting, the animations, the physics and collisions and of course, the integration of the league licences.If the British Premier League is your favorite, then this game will blow you away. The way players move, the AMAZING SHIELDING of the ball, makes this game so realistic and strategic on high difficult levels!! Also, there are so many things that happen on the pitch that PES 17 would only dream of. Great referees, fair play, pushing fouls when defending a player that shields the ball, player emotions, incredible goalkeeper deflections that feels and are non-scripted, a ton of animations for every little thing, when the ball carrier is near the corner, protecting the ball and you place the defender near him, he adjusts his stance and the tackle animations change accordingly, the corner kicks are totally new because of the ball having more weight and players pushing and pulling, MANUAL CURVED SHOTS and i could continue the list for ever.
I am not a fifa fanboy. I just love football.I want my game to be even more realistic, every year. Yes, i enjoy PES but compared to FIFA is way to fast and arcadey for my taste.Always comparing the two games with the hardest difficulty, FIFA gives me MORE CONTROL to protect the ball and keep the POSSESION longer. I left the best for last....GAMEPLAY SLIDERS...Like NBA 2K, FIFA has sliders that let's you make the game play the way you want...I read some critics complain about not being able to steal the ball from the CPU. Do they not know that you can increase the PASSING ACCURACY? Or the speed and acceleration of the players and the pass and shot speed so much more? The sliders are the way EASPORTS negates all complains about their game and for me it makes it like a sandbox game. I can go to the extremes and change gameplay 100%.And this is amazing for a company so hated. It gives total freedom, given you have a true passion for the sport, to make EVERY MATCH play the way you want to. If you are a KONAMI fanboy all these may sound strange...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 05:07 AM   #6
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALTERBERRYPAOK
Yes, i enjoy PES but compared to FIFA is way to fast and arcadey for my taste
I see it differently, this year - and I'm only speaking for this year, rather than the past - PES is the more realistic game. But that's just my opinion.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
I agree with Walter. PES is arcadish. Every possession feels like a breakaway.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7
Pros- "significant presentation improvements"..... i'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong here because the Premier League presentation has been significantly downgraded compared to the last two editions. The overlays look like an exhibition match with generic starting lineups and music. This is extremely baffling because EA sports has the license for the premier league and la liga.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »