Home

Super Mega Baseball 2 Announced, Scheduled to Release in 2017

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 2 Announced, Scheduled to Release in 2017 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Super Mega Baseball 2 Announced, Scheduled to Release in 2017

Metalhead Software has just announced Super Mega Baseball 2, scheduled to release sometime in 2017. Check out the teaser trailer here, along with some features below and more details at the official website.

Quote:
Customize your squad, step up to the plate, and knock ‘em out of the park. The makers of Super Mega Baseball have returned with a brand new, streamlined baseball simulator that’ll keep you coming back for more. Build your dream team and challenge your opponents to a good old-fashioned game of hardball, online and off.

Got game? Show it off in Super Mega Baseball 2’s online mode. Friends and strangers, online or on your couch, will marvel at your heavy hitting in co-op and versus play. Or keep the fun all to yourself in single player mode. However you like to play, the game’s critically acclaimed ‘Ego’ difficulty system will keep you neck-and-neck with any opponent.

New Look
Step onto the mound with brand new, more realistically scaled character models and soak in the sights and sounds of new and updated stadiums. Physically-based rendering and a fully rebuilt user interface round out a massive set of visual upgrades.

Baseball
Baseball fanatics will be in their element with visceral, convincing physics and a fine-tuned baseball simulation, while newcomers will succeed with accessible controls and a wide range of difficulty settings.

Customize
Your team, your league, your way. Full customization is at your fingertips with logo design, uniform choices, player appearance, league construction, sandbox seasons and more.

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Super Mega Baseball 2 Announced, Scheduled to Release in 2017

This is a nice surprise! Hoping for a lot more stadiums. This could be a blast online.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm very much looking forward to this!
Old 09-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #4
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
Wow. SMB1 is free this month and SMB2 is coming next year? awesome news. I loved SMB1 and literally the only two things I would change about it would be to add online play, and make the characters slightly less goofy-looking. Check and check.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19
good game, but I wish they would add announcers/commentators. thats the only reason why I probably didnt play SMB as much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 05:54 PM   #6
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
YES!!!!!!!!

This game should be SICK!!!
Old 09-28-2016, 05:58 PM   #7
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1
LOVE SMB1 so this is GREAT news. I still play the original to this day. Much prefer it to MLB The Show. Reminds me of the glory days of RBI Baseball. Baseball videogames have lost their fun factor and SMB brought it back for me. Thank you Metalhead Software.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Super Mega Baseball 2 Announced, Scheduled to Release in 2017

First one was awesome! I haven't given it enough of a chance since the patch allowed for customizable difficulties (hoping for even more as we go, though I hope out of the box is what I'm looking for as well!).

I expect I'll be giving them my money.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »