Home

PS4 Pro Will Run NBA 2K17 at Native 4K Resolution, 60 FPS with HDR Support

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro Will Run NBA 2K17 at Native 4K Resolution, 60 FPS with HDR Support within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Pro Will Run NBA 2K17 at Native 4K Resolution, 60 FPS with HDR Support

hope this is true, was going to buy a second copy for my pc but won't have to if this story is legit. Trading in my ps4 and one for the Pro on release.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Wow !!! Definitely getting a pro . Thank you 2k
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Yeah, same here. It seems sketchy. And this is not the first game that Sony has promised this for.

It's possible that Sony would cut a deal with developers to make a separate version for their system that is playable in 4K@60 FPS. In other words, they could have the developers downgrade the complexity of the graphics to the point where native 4K@60 FPS is possible. So, while technically it would be in 4K@60 FPS, it wouldn't have nearly the complexity of graphics that the original game had. That's just a theory but it's the only thing I can think of that doesn't involve Sony outright lying in their marketing.
Why are you bringing Sony into this? Sony didn't mention anything, this is Visual Concepts making that statement. And, did Visual Concepts say rendered in 4K or did they say Native 4k. If it's rendered it maybe "checkered board redenring" which is more than like 1440p and checkered board rendered to 4K. Stop with the "Sony is outright lying" when sony didn't say a word. Your statement reeks of fan boy console wars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 04:37 PM   #12
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Still not buying a PS4 pro and hope others do not either.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #13
Banned

WISports's Arena

Sony should give you at least a 50% trade in on your old PS4 towards a Pro.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Why are you bringing Sony into this? Sony didn't mention anything, this is Visual Concepts making that statement. And, did Visual Concepts say rendered in 4K or did they say Native 4k. If it's rendered it maybe "checkered board redenring" which is more than like 1440p and checkered board rendered to 4K. Stop with the "Sony is outright lying" when sony didn't say a word. Your statement reeks of fan boy console wars.
You're right, Visual Concepts made this statement. I made a mistake and I take that back.

I don't own consoles nor do I care about them. I also didn't say Sony was lying. I tried to think of some explanation as to how this console can do what it claims to do (4K gaming at high framerates) without there being some clever misinformation in the marketing.

But my point is about what I've heard from "4K PS4" news stories recently which are saying that various games will run in 4K @ 60 FPS. People don't realize that playing in native (read: not upscaled) 4K @ 60 FPS is still expensive to do and takes much more powerful hardware than what will be in a console. To the average consumer they think these consoles are going to do "real" 4K but it's likely going to be upscaled.

Hence, I came up with a quirky theory that developers will actually reduce the complexity of their graphics in order to deliver "native 4K @ 60 FPS" on a console.

Last edited by fluent2332; 10-12-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #15
Pro

It isn't true 4k. It is just upscaled. This is a scam
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 05:12 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
hope this is true, was going to buy a second copy for my pc but won't have to if this story is legit. Trading in my ps4 and one for the Pro on release.
Why buy a ps4 pro, if you own a ps4 already, and a pc?? Doesnt make sense unless your pc is a potato

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »