Home

Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 6 Available Now

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 6 Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2016, 03:52 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 6 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Ehh Some would say Whitehair was underrated when the game was release to begin with being a top OL men coming out of the draft . Taken in the 2nd round

Strengths
Four-*year starter voted team captain in 2015. Tireless worker bee in the weight room and in practices who brings a high degree of dependability and consistency to the table. Team*-oriented. Played exceptionally well while out of position at left tackle for Kansas State. Atypical body composure and control. Is almost always in complete control of his body thanks to outstanding core strength and balance. Extremely efficient with his movements after the snap. Has played both guard and both tackle spots and has roster value at all five positions. Mirrors with a wide, stout base and has great feel for keeping defender squared up throughout the rep. Confident, composed and competitive. Smooth and athletic when asked to pull and has radar to find target and strike accurate blow. Makes up for shorter arms with massive hands that function as vise grips. Consistent with hand placement and extremely sticky blocker. Combines hand strength and balance to snatch and control a defender until the whistle blows. Can sink hips at contact and should be able to stalemate bigger players across from him. Exceptional body control and core strength allows him to successfully redirect defenders who get to his edge.
Weaknesses
Arm length is below average for interior lineman. Allows longer defenders into his framework a little too often. Needs to play with slightly faster hands inside and improve the timing of his punch. May not be able to carry much more mass on his frame. Has core power but lack of length and overall girth could lead to him allowing some pocket push against bull rushers. Played from two-*point stance as tackle in college and needs to prove he can fire out of three-*point stance and generate push at the point of attack in the running game. May need additional work and reps to get timing and angles right from the guard spot. Will get caught lunging at times when playing in space.
Draft Projection
Rounds 1 or 2
NFL Comparison
Zack Martin
Bottom Line
With his combination of functional strength and body control, Whitehair might be one of the safest offensive linemen in the entire draft. He will almost assuredly be bumped inside to guard, but could be considered at center as well. He has the confidence and talent to start right away and his run blocking should improve as he gets more comfortable firing out from a three-*point stance. Whitehair has the ability to be a very good starter with a ceiling that could reach the all-pro level.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...air?id=2555132

Heres another one , center Robert Kelly from the Colts their first one pick is a 79 overall . Whitehair is well deserving of that or close to that . That's why I said 78 was a reasonable rating based off his play . Cody Whitehair is now graded the 6th best center in the NFL via PFF

A top NFL rookie today? Actually, K-State's Cody Whitehair is one of the best centers in the NFL today (via @PFF) profootballfocus.com/pro-top-10-roo…

https://twitter.com/dscottfritchen/s...31007628984324

I just want my Center to actually be a good decent center instead of the below average one he's being rated .
i've read these links many times over the last year or so.

i love whitehair. loved him coming out of the draft, really wanted him for the niners. no doubt he was undervalued in the game to start with but he's a non-stud rookie IOL so he should be somewhere between 71 and 75 for me. maybe he should have quick dev but low to mid 70s is about right for now. he's playing exactly like i expected him to in the bears' OL in real life.

in M18, if he have put up a whole season of consist play, then he should see his rated shoot up to high 70s or low 80s.

comparing him to kelly is not really fair to him. kelly was superior in every facet of the OL game coming out of college.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:51 PM   #18
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0
Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 6 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
i've read these links many times over the last year or so.

i love whitehair. loved him coming out of the draft, really wanted him for the niners. no doubt he was undervalued in the game to start with but he's a non-stud rookie IOL so he should be somewhere between 71 and 75 for me. maybe he should have quick dev but low to mid 70s is about right for now. he's playing exactly like i expected him to in the bears' OL in real life.

in M18, if he have put up a whole season of consist play, then he should see his rated shoot up to high 70s or low 80s.

comparing him to kelly is not really fair to him. kelly was superior in every facet of the OL game coming out of college.

It is fair to compare him to Ryan Kelly , Kelly was good coming out of college but let's not act like he was super superior to Whitehair. Kelly has the same round projections as Cody . And I would argue Cody is actually more superior in every facet , Cody played LT , RG and RT at K State now he's preforming at Center in the NFL ; Kelly stuck at Center his entire career . Only difference is that a team decided to take him at 18 , a colts team that had a terrible o line so the chances for him increased Of going Of that high . It also comes down to how teams evaluate prospects. Not saying Kelly is a bad rookie he's actually solid but the difference between the isn't that great and more of the same now and coming out . Kelly Coming from Alabama also put him at an advantage, Draft Grade coming out of the combine Kelly was 5.83 , Cody's posting a 6.43 , Ronnie Stanley 6.52, Tunsil 7.61 and Conklin 6.4 .

Last edited by MoneyOvaHuds; 10-15-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:01 AM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 6 Available Now

I love these homer threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »