Home

NHL 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are the Details

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are the Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I understand the roster update complaints, but the other problems can only be patched when they've found the solution. It's not like these dudes are sitting on there hands not making an attempt to fix the issues.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: NHL 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are the Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
I understand the roster update complaints, but the other problems can only be patched when they've found the solution. It's not like these dudes are sitting on there hands not making an attempt to fix the issues.
EASports makes so much money off of Madden, FIFA and NHL alone that they could double the staff for each game and not take a financial hit. EA's excuse of "we have twelve leagues to update, not just one" for the roster update is just stupid.

Update NHL & AHL, then run a programming script looking for the same player across all leagues, and then release an update (which they didn't seem to care about in the first place, unless there are two Dan Cleary's with the exact same history).

I love accuracy, but I don't care whether the backup goalie for a team in Europe is perfect - the current rosters are pretty much junk anyway. Most players aside from the top ten on each team are clones of each other anyway. It seems too coincidental to me that hundreds of players have the exact same rating across the board, with one minor (and I mean minor, and I mean one) tweak, like taking their FO from 79 to 81.

If they can't provide updated rosters weekly (or in this case, it's been a month), they designed the game wrong and took on too much. For franchise, if they call the Non-NHL/AHL leagues "North America, Europe, Russia, and World," would it matter?

I get that people like authentic faces, jerseys, etc. (They use the Sabres logo from five years ago, and have the wrong arena name, for example), but I'd take shadow faces for every player if they provided a roster with accurate ratings that reflect a player's historical curve and projected curve. None of it is right.

And again, what's the point of sliders if 90% of the players are barely impacted by a change because their ratings are all the same?

I think HUT it stupid, but I just started to give it a chance this year, a little while ago. I went in to grab my daily rewards, I should have got my rewards for day 3, and it says I'm not getting anything. Nice patch.

I'm sure most of you disagree with me on most of this, but this stuff drives me crazy with my work background being in IT.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:21 PM   #11
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Glad to see stick lifts addressed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #12
Pro

rjviking11's Arena

OVR: 3

They still just don't seem to get it.
MLB the Show: Weekly updates
Madden: started at weekly updates, but now it looks like they are updating every few days.
NBA 2k: almost daily

when 2k can give you updates every day and give you the right rotations for every team after every game. I dont understand why NHL doesn't do this with teams and their lines, it still amazes me. Oh and all of those previous games have roster sharing which NHL STILL does not have yet.

I dont wanna hear the "we have 12 leagues to update". The game is Called NHL 16 not IIHF 16 so you should be worrying about the NHL rosters first and then update the European rosters whenever you can. Its 2016 and they are giving the same amount of updates they were 10 years ago, how can this be acceptable in a technology driven age like this.
NCAAF- West Virginia Mountaineers
NCAAB- West Virginia Mountaineers

Last edited by rjviking11; 10-18-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11
They still just don't seem to get it.
MLB the Show: Weekly updates
Madden: started at weekly updates, but now it looks like they are updating every few days.
NBA 2k: almost daily

when 2k can give you updates every day and give you the right rotations for every team after every game. I dont understand why NHL doesn't do this with teams and their lines, it still amazes me. Oh and all of those previous games have roster sharing which NHL STILL does not have yet.

I dont wanna hear the "we have 12 leagues to update". The game is Called NHL 16 not IIHF 16 so you should be worrying about the NHL rosters first and then update the European rosters whenever you can. Its 2016 and their giving the same amount of updates they were 10 years ago, how can this be acceptable in a technology driven age like this.
That's what kills me too.
They claim it takes so much work to update all the various leagues but then purposely leave out any association to said leagues in BAP or BaGM.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #14
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

All this roster talk would be silenced if they just gave us the very basic and simple, not to mention around for years in other franchises, Roster share
Old 10-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #15
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah, as an offline player this patch does nothing really to help me. That being said, It's nice to see they're providing support for some issues.

I'd really love a roster update more than anything too so we can get those rookies in there to use, but I feel like we'll be waiting a while for that still. I played a few games when this came out, but with Madden and FH3 and F1 out and getting a lot of my time, I just haven't bothered to come back to this since it needs some up to date rosters. The fact roster sharing was left out is still mind boggling to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 16

Looks more like a tuner update than a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »