Home

Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4)

"What were they thinking?!"

That thought came to me time and time again as I tried to play Infinite Air. If the wonky and very poorly designed control scheme was not baffling enough, it was the mechanics themselves that made enjoying Mark McMorris Infinite Air seemingly impossible.

Simply put, this is one of the worst sports games of the year.

Read More - Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4)
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #2
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
I really hate to see this game get such bad scores. I personally am having a blast with this game. Yes, controls were different and it took me a full day just to get used to them. That being said, now that I am used to them its a blast!! The trick system allows you to ride as arcady as you want or as sim as you want which is awesome. There have already been some great parks built and by choosing to play sim I can session the same parks for hours at a time without ever getting bored. Seems like every review I have read claims that the controls are hard so the game sucks..
Old 11-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
WOW i'm extremely surprised you gave this game a 3. What a shame. It might be over priced, but it's a quite a fun game.

1) It's realistic - how many extreme games can say this?
2) It's open world - how many extreme sports game can say this?
3) You can share content with others
4) Course design
5) Controls are not terrible; they actually take time to master. OMG what a concept.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Review seems a bit harsh from what I have seen of the game. Sure there are some issues that keep the game from being truly good (body physics lack realism, imo), but you didn't even mention the ability to create your own slopes, which is a main feature and something new the game offers, and is what intrigues me the most about the game. The creators of this game wanted it to play fairly realistic, so it is not a surprise that controls would be difficult to pick up on unlike most arcade style games. Games shouldn't be knocked for requiring a bit of time to get the hang of the controls, that usually means that there is some actual depth and skill involved in playing the game, though from your review it does sound there are some layout issues that should be improved in future updates.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
Just started!

Re: Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4)

My problem with testers in general is they don't spend time on a game. If you cant master it fast its garbage. No its not garbage just because its not easy, Its just not for you. To give a low score because a game is not for you is ignorant and says a lot about you as a reviewer but its all to common with critics in general because they gotta review the next game then the next. The gaming world forgets the 80s and 90s when games were hard as hell. Now a days, a lot of gamers need instant gratification to be happy. If they cant get it in the first hr, the game is trash.

You wait one year from now this game will be still trending and your score of 3 will be set in concrete and solidify you as an armature reviewer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #6
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Yeah it sounded a little like you spent an hour with it and because it was too hard, you gave it a 3.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #7
Just started!

Seriously. Watch what a person can do if they practice the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HsAGpQYYiY and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyadKwBqn5Q

You show me sports game that gives you that level of control outside of skate.

As you said "worst sports games of the year." seriously? seriously? Your review is the only 3 I see.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #8
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

It really seems the spiritual successor of Skate 1/2/3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »