Home

Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #9
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
A 3 sounds harsh for any game, but this one has a 47 on Metacritic thus far, so let's not act like Chris is the only one who didn't enjoy it.

Is this one a full $60?
Old 11-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0
its only the critics that are being hard on the game. They dont want to spend time on them. 7 out of 10 on steam from users. Critics are the problem.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #11
Rookie

Thanks for the warning.

I think I will probably go with Ubisoft's "Steep" in December. If they don't fully mess up with the controls and trick system Steep could be a big title for most winter sports fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #12
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
I played the Steep beta and own this game. IF you are looking for a pure snowboarding game in the same style as Skate, this is the game for you. Steep was fun but is not a pure snowboarding sim. Its basically a winter/mountain game that happens to have snowboarding in it. Steep seemed to play better when racing or just riding but when it comes to jumps, rails and boxes this is the game to get
Old 11-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
Rookie

BuckTurbo's Arena

First off, everyone is entitled to their opinion… but this review is ridiculous. The game is not easy, in fact, it is hard, but you have missed the mark on many things and are really doing your readers, the developers, and yourself a big disservice.

This is not an NHL (ENTER YEAR HERE) game. You don’t know the controls yet, and you won't until you’ve played it for a while. Remember gaming? Putting in time? Investing your interest? How games used to be, especially ones that take a risk and break a few boundaries.

It’s enjoyable to people who enjoy video games and don’t take art and hard work for granted. You got a free code, played for 15 minutes, scratched your ***, poured a mason jar of cheap chardonnay, and typed a very misinformed review. The word “editor” doesn’t show up once in your review… you know, one of the biggest components of this title?

The tools of the world editor are robust and inspire creativity. You are encouraged to make stuff for you and your friends to ride. Did you open that part of the menu? You should; go have some fun.

As for - ‘what were they thinking’. They were thinking they’d make something challenging, creative, and different, but clearly they need a “PUSH X TO PAY RESPECTS” level for reviewers like yourself who phone it in.

To quote a modern day Einstein:
Simply put, this is one of the worst sports reviews of the year.

0/10 Operation Sports.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #14
Rookie

I don't like to work hard in my spare time. My day job is hard enough, so I like it easy in my free time.

If I need nearly an hour for learning the controls of a game it's not fun anymore.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #15
Rookie

BuckTurbo's Arena

Buddywalker, I get it, jobs suck hard, that's totally fine. I love coming home and relaxing with an easy game. But your interpretation of a game being too hard isn't going to influence the sales of a game.

Question:
Do you have a dedicated website towards sports that could cripple a games reputation and potentially put people out of jobs? Is that in your "spare time" agenda?

I would assume not.

Your job isn't to review a game; If it was, you would play for longer than the length of 2 "Dharma And Greg" episodes. You know?

This stuff unfortunately matters to the success of a game.

This game has a user review of over 7/10 for a reason, people who stick with it and want to be creative thrive. Reviewers....eh....not so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2016, 02:47 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
"If I need an hour to learn controls it's not fun"

People really do need instant ego massaging gratification these days don't they...

There are games from my childhood I still haven't mastered 25/30 years on.

It's a while generation of "if I'm not good at it - it's the games fault not mine"

Bonkers

I assumed most games felt that if they game was too easy it was bad. Looking at reviews it seems all people want is dumbed down one button press starts an animated squence type game.

I'm not very good at video games. I don't pick up new control schemes easily but that's part of the fun and reward.

"What were they thinking?"

Innovate don't imitate I'd imagine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »