Home

Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #17
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
A 3 sounds harsh for any game, but this one has a 47 on Metacritic thus far, so let's not act like Chris is the only one who didn't enjoy it.

Is this one a full $60?
I retract this statement. Just spent like a half hour watching several videos of the game, and these guys don't seem to have any issues with the controls at all. Looks incredibly fun to me.

Now I have a decision to make, dammit.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #18
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Mark McMorris Infinite Air Review (PS4)

Still haven't read the review, but the backlash in here made me dig up info on the game. After reading some positive things and seeing the video posted below, I've decided to give it a chance. Downloading now. A steep learning curve doesn't bother me, especially now that I see what kind of runs are possible. Plus HB Studios treated me well with the Golf Club, so that helped make getting this an easier decision also. Gonna give it some run in a bit and see what's up.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is a good game....once you get used to the controls
Old 11-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #20
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

I'm starting to get the hang of this game a little bit now. I really enjoy this a lot, but it took me about an hour before I was able to put up this score. It feels great when you're able to land a good trick. I enjoy this more than I did the steep Alpha. Steep was prettier (although this isn't a bad looking game), but it wasn't as fun to play. Snow looks kind of weak based on what I've seen of it and I'm not spending $20 to test a free-to-play game.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 11-05-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:55 AM   #21
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
I've been coming to Operation Sports for years. I'm going to say this with 100% sincerity.

This review is irresponsible. The guy failed to mention many of the points of the game. These kinds of reviews are a HUGE deterant to quality indie-devs who are working to put out a quality product. If you think the game is not very good, it should be given something like a 6. You gave it a 3, which is pretty much saying that it's garbage and shouldn't even have been made. THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT HOW THIS GAME IS.

"Then there's the imprecise move loading. The guide says about a second of loading a move is the right call to get the maximum effect, and that does seem to be the case. But there's no real guide and no real feeling of control when you start a spin or especially a flip."

There are helpful tutorials. Btw.

"You can slow your spins down somewhat, but when it comes to flips you are at the mercy of your timing and good fortune in terms of landing them. Literally landing a flip is...a flip of the coin:

You do realize that's how it is in real life?

"And don't push square (on the PS4). All I know is that it instantly starts you over. So if you are making a great run and finally not messing, a misplaced button push will end it all instantly."

Meh, they can patch in a fix for this, who cares?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 12:59 AM   #22
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
This game reminds me so much of Shaun White Snowboarding...which was a very addictive game for cruising and tricking because of the mountain layout.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #23
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

This is a good game. The way it reminds me of Skate makes me hope they try to make a skateboarding game at some point. I think they could do it justice.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #24
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
After buying and playing the game this weekend, I'm going to have to grab my pitchfork and join the angry mob here. It's an awesome game, and honestly, Chris should be embarrassed for deeming the controls "too difficult", considering I was having an absolute blast within 20 minutes. A few things I found particularly misleading from the review:

1) The carving- It's really easy, I had it down on the first run through the tutorial. Further, to change stances requires a half circle on the left stick. If you're doing that when you're trying to carve, you are REALLY bad at video games.

2) You can absolutely control your spin and your landings. Don't believe me? Go watch any of the hundreds of videos of guys doing it repeatedly. It takes more than 5 minutes of practice, I guess that's a deal breaker?

3) This isn't really an inaccuracy, but who doesn't like the option to push square and immediately restart the run??? The rest of the game is played with triggers and sticks, it isn't like your hand is anywhere near that button otherwise. I absolutely LOVE that feature, ridiculous complaint in my opinion.

4) As someone else noted, there's literally no mention of the creation and sharing aspects of the game, which are the HB staple. Huge detail just completely left out, seems a bit irresponsible.

At the end of the day, if you can watch this and tell me the game deserves a 3, I don't know what to tell you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm2-k1tvEXo

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »