Home

Most OS'ers Agree: Sports Game Releases Need to Be Spread Out

This is a discussion on Most OS'ers Agree: Sports Game Releases Need to Be Spread Out within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
I played Madden exclusively for a month, then switched to 2k. That's the only sports game I generally have time for. I wanted PES but didn't think I'd be able to invest time in it. Skipped WWE this year so yeah. Every now again I'll play UFC 2. 2K is the only sports game I have something steady going on. I do miss NCAA in July. That was time when I could pour hours into a Franchise.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #10
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
I would imagine 2K could move WWE to around Royal Rumble - WrestleMania time, that would probably give it a sales push with WWE being on more casual fans mind at that time.

Changing Madden, NHL, FIFA and NBA would be difficult. Maybe FIFA to July, but that creates some roster issues with the transfer window in August.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #11
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
I agree with comments it would be hard to change most games release times. While cost is huge for me, my real big issue is gaming time. Being much older now I just don't have the time to really get my value out of most of the sports games. I have really been looking at that issue I have come to the conclusion I am playing more variety of games than when was younger. For instance FIFA is a title that I have just started playing in the last six years. Plus a wide variety of different racing titles. For instance I now play F1 and Forza series games that I didn't have like fifteen years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 12:50 AM   #12
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I'd like to see FIFA come out in late July.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #13
Rookie

AccordingtoJane's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most OS'ers Agree: Sports Game Releases Need to Be Spread Out

It is pretty hard to play every title. Maybe if they made the releases more meaningful instead of milking every game every year.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6
The reason they are all released in sep-oct is bc the season of each sport and the holiday season. Everyone wants their game to be on someone's holiday wishlist. No one is asking for a game that came out in July.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10
Major sports titles need to be be released on a bi-annual schedule. With all of the DLC, and patches currently implemented, there's no need to release a disk every year. Plus they are already talking a non disk future. Release the DLC version, and save money on hard copies, expand the versatility of gaming instead of living down the options of where we can play what we purchase. Change the activation CONSOLE SETTINGS, SO WE CAN PLAY OUR DOWNLOADED GAMES WITHOUT BEING ON LINE. This is a big issue if you have had to purchase numerous systems and forgot to deactivate your initial system. They halt you from playing the game on YOUR console that you purchased. Friggin ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #16
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
doubt many would complain about a release every other year for sports games.....i mean, unless they are adding something significant, there is no need to release a new one every year. it would save money and resources. just update rosters, courts and uniforms for the off year (for a small price). it will give us sports gamers something to look forward to and we can get a game that isn't rushed and is fine tuned. we can save money and developers can release better games. sounds like a win-win to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »