Home

FIFA 17 Year-End Recap

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Year-End Recap within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 17 Year-End Recap

It was a perplexing year for FIFA. Visually, the game excelled. From gorgeous lighting to amazing face scans, it’s easy to say that this year’s FIFA is the best looking to date. Apart from the cosmetic upgrades, FIFA 17 brought about a greater sense of physicality with its new shielding animation, even if it’s a tad bit overpowered at times.

Stylistically, for the first time since FIFA 14, Custom Team Tactics (CTT) work and allow for a greater sense of variety in career mode if you put the time in to implement them. The new Journey Mode, while shallow, was a decent first attempt at an engaging first-player mode akin to NBA 2K’s MyPlayer. Hopefully, future iterations of this mode will expand upon its concepts, allowing for less canned scripting and provide a greater variety of options.

Read More - FIFA 17 Year-End Recap (Written by Kevin Groves)
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 Year-End Recap

It's weird, I seem to be in the minority but I'm of the opinion that this year's FIFA actually looks the worst it has done in years.

Yeah the graphics are great, but the lighting is absolutely awful most of the time. Playing under floodlights should not look the same as playing on a foggy day.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Just started!

Agreed, I think the visuals in FIFA 17 are terrible especially for PS4 standards. The facial scans are great and the images in the foreground are clear but everything in the background is fuzzy and blurry. The game generated cut scenes (Journey, Pre Game Walk Outs, In Game Celebrations) look great but when you pause and go to instant replay it's awful.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
Rookie

FIFA 17 is bad, it's the worst FIFA ever in my opinion. Sure it looks great, but there are major bugs in gameplay, you never know if your button command will be listened to. Hold y to try and bring the keeper out it see. Or try and triple tap x for a low shot. Set your switching to manual and then count the auto-switches. There was almost no upgrades to commentary this year. The career mode is awful, the Journey is very limited and scripted. Only a crazy person enjoys playing this game online and I have had the least fun ever playing offline.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:42 PM   #5
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

It's January and Manchester City, one of the biggest clubs in the world, still have an incorrect home kit. The stripe down the side is totally wrong. In Career Mode, star players are still sitting on the bench, even tho they CLAIMED to have patched that. The winter gear bug is still in full effect and has been for YEARS. As the article says, the transfers are horribly done. On top of all this, for whatever reason, the game has played like garbage in the last few weeks. I hate it, because FIFA can be a great game with a few changes and a little EFFORT, but they've proven that only FUT matters to them and it's dragging the game down to infuriating levels.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
This year they're really screwing up their priorities. Focusing on ultimate team and not the community won't rack in the cash anymore EA. Listen to your community. We want the game to succeed, not play to infants who waste money on virtual players for a mode that means nothing hypothetically. That said, this year's game is just confusing. No importance to details or licenses (which is hurting FIFA and PES). They really need to step it up next year and listen more to its core audience. Right now, they have no idea what type of game this is
Old 01-10-2017, 01:44 AM   #7
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
This year they're really screwing up their priorities. Focusing on ultimate team and not the community won't rack in the cash anymore EA. Listen to your community. We want the game to succeed, not play to infants who waste money on virtual players for a mode that means nothing hypothetically. That said, this year's game is just confusing. No importance to details or licenses (which is hurting FIFA and PES). They really need to step it up next year and listen more to its core audience. Right now, they have no idea what type of game this is
I love this game and would like them focus on stuff outside of Ultimate Team too, however I also love FUT and mainly play it.

I think you're mistaken if you think you're the core audience of FIFA players and that they aren't listening to the community, I think you're in the minority.

I also really dislike your stereotyping of people that play FUT, not everyone is "12 years old and wasting money on the game" that's such a terrible way of thinking.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 01-10-2017, 04:34 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
FIFA's core audience are Ultimate Team players, are they not? I mean, it's played by the masses and makes an outrageous sum of money on a yearly basis. They won't just push it to the wayside to satisfy those who aren't so interested in it.

Last edited by Fraser G.; 01-10-2017 at 05:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »