Home

MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream Up - Diamond Dynasty, Events, Seasons, Programs & More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream Up - Diamond Dynasty, Events, Seasons, Programs & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2017, 07:15 PM   #9
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream Up - Diamond Dynasty, Events, Seasons, Programs & M

Franchise missions had my attention...

Looks all online though now, doesn't look like anything offline has been added except a few parts of missions, but other parts are online only, so if you don't have psn+ there's nothing to be done which is a shame. Lots of exclusive online stuff, if I was interested in that it would have been pretty exciting I guess. Might have to consider getting psn+ as some of the new stuff did look pretty interesting
Old 02-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #10
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream Up - Diamond Dynasty, Events, Seasons, Programs & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchitectsMetalcore
I guess it came with the territory since this was about DD, but they just kept rambling and rambling about the cards. Like you said, more gameplay!
But it was a stream about Diamond Dynasty and the new modes and features. They actually covered a lot of stuff in this stream. It wasn't advertised as a gameplay stream.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #11
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Franchise missions had my attention...

Looks all online though now, doesn't look like anything offline has been added except a few parts of missions, but other parts are online only, so if you don't have psn+ there's nothing to be done which is a shame. Lots of exclusive online stuff, if I was interested in that it would have been pretty exciting I guess. Might have to consider getting psn+ as some of the new stuff did look pretty interesting
In their defense they also threw in Conquest stuff into missions. I imagine there are some Hardcore Diamond Dynasty Players and Battle Royale players who are cursing the fact that they have to go into a mode that they would otherwise never play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

DD needs to be able to be used in franchise mode since they don't wanna put in create a team / relocation .. Only way I'll ever touch DD ..
Old 02-15-2017, 07:21 PM   #13
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
In their defense they also threw in Conquest stuff into missions. I imagine there are some Hardcore Diamond Dynasty Players and Battle Royale players who are cursing the fact that they have to go into a mode that they would otherwise never play.
They won't have to pay extra for the privilege though tbf. Either way, I'm not convinced it's a good idea to try and force people to play either offline or online if they want to get the rewards, but that's just my opinion. I'd personally probably just have kept everything to be done in either, or had alternate offline or online ways of getting the same rewards.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #14
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

This stream changed my opinion on DD this year.

I was leaning towards sticking mostly to RTTS and Franchise this year because in the past DD has been a lot of stuff but not a lot of meaningful stuff. I say that meaning, you can play hundreds upon hundreds of Head-Head online DD games and not get any high quality cards, post game rewards are random.
Conquest was playable once. And BR was great, big fan.

But with the new Seasons mode... Every DD game means something. The more wins, the better rewards you get (as it should be, not just random post game card). I particularly liked that they take your highest rank at the end of the Season because that means you can risk it all and play game after game to get it higher without the possibility of losing your highest rank. I was worried if I got to a high tier, I would have to stop playing to not risk my high ranking reward.

The Programs are another incentive to each game, espeically offline games giving you something to play for during the game (especially those Chris Archer Ones, beating the Rays for example)

The timing missions seem tough, Hitting for the Cycle is never easy. Hopefully they come with appropriate rewards.

Simply put, Online Head-to-Head games mean something, which is definitely a big improvement.

I was gonna settle for the MVP edition, but I just pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe
Old 02-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #15
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
This stream changed my opinion on DD this year.

I was leaning towards sticking mostly to RTTS and Franchise this year because in the past DD has been a lot of stuff but not a lot of meaningful stuff. I say that meaning, you can play hundreds upon hundreds of Head-Head online DD games and not get any high quality cards, post game rewards are random.
Conquest was playable once. And BR was great, big fan.

But with the new Seasons mode... Every DD game means something. The more wins, the better rewards you get (as it should be, not just random post game card). I particularly liked that they take your highest rank at the end of the Season because that means you can risk it all and play game after game to get it higher without the possibility of losing your highest rank. I was worried if I got to a high tier, I would have to stop playing to not risk my high ranking reward.

The Programs are another incentive to each game, espeically offline games giving you something to play for during the game (especially those Chris Archer Ones, beating the Rays for example)

The timing missions seem tough, Hitting for the Cycle is never easy. Hopefully they come with appropriate rewards.

Simply put, Online Head-to-Head games mean something, which is definitely a big improvement.

I was gonna settle for the MVP edition, but I just pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe
ya with all the new DD stuff, i will be getting deeper into this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #16
Rookie

dupontflames's Arena

OVR: 2

Not really sure where to put this, but the Marlins are using matte helmets this year and are once again allowing players to have facial hair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »