Home

MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ Prime

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ Prime within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2017, 01:22 PM   #17
Rookie

dutchy25's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ P

I already pre-ordered from GameStop because I didn't know Prime did this. Now I'm sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I do have Amazon Prime but I prefer Digital Downloads. Too bad they don't sell Digital Codes on Amazon
You don't trade in last year's game?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
Good to know!

I ended up adding an external hard drive onto my order to get me over the $100 dollar hump. I thought about RDR2 but I know once The Show comes out I won't have enough time to play anything else for a while, plus I still haven't touched Uncharted 4.
Learned the hard way today that you can't trade in console bundled games (Uncharted 4).

It's a great game but I just don't see myself playing it again.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #20
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I'm guessing these are physical copies?

I have Amazon Prime (the greatest thing to come out in the past 5 years) but I love pre-loading my games and having it ready to play at midnight of release. That would be one of the reasons I don't buy physical copies anymore.

Edited for clarification purposes.
That's the one reason I buy physical copies now, rather than digital. Save $12 a game is worth waiting for a few hours to play.. Especially by Midnight I'm tired..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 02-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #21
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
You don't trade in last year's game?

Nah, when I bought physical copies I liked to collect them and display them. But the ease of switching games without switching discs and no risk of damaging disk is what i prefer about digital
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #22
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Nah, when I bought physical copies I liked to collect them and display them. But the ease of switching games without switching discs and no risk of damaging disk is what i prefer about digital
It won't effect this game but what happens if you buy a game digital and you think it stinks - can't return it? That's why I don't do digital anyone, after I bought a digital copy of a bad game.. Like I did on Madden '15.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 02-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #23
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
It won't effect this game but what happens if you buy a game digital and you think it stinks - can't return it? That's why I don't do digital anyone, after I bought a digital copy of a bad game.. Like I did on Madden '15.

Yeah I feel you. I bought Watch Dogs 2 digitally. Beat it in a week, haven't touched it since. I've learned my lesson. But I know with The Show I won't have that happen. Other games, I'll probably look to renting before purchasing.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
Good to know!

I ended up adding an external hard drive onto my order to get me over the $100 dollar hump. I thought about RDR2 but I know once The Show comes out I won't have enough time to play anything else for a while, plus I still haven't touched Uncharted 4.
Could you send me a link to the hard drive? I've been very curious lately about adding an external hard drive. I ran out of space recently and am looking to upgrade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »