Home

MLB The Show 17 Road to the Show Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Road to the Show Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
MLB The Show 17 Road to the Show Details

Check out the latest MLB The Show 17 Road to the Show details, from the PlayStation.Blog. A vlog is scheduled to arrive later today and don't forget their Twitch livestream on Thursday, March 16 at 2:00 PM ET.

Road to the Show is generally considered the most popular of our three main modes of play. In this mode, you’ll guide a baseball player on a personal journey through the professional baseball world, going from a newbie in the minors to becoming a legend in the majors. Within this mode, you’ll be able to:
  • Create a player from scratch. How tall is he? Freckles? Don’t forget the facial hair! We have 22 new facial hair styles, 35 new hair styles, 49 new head shape archetypes, plus a larger palette of color this year to give your guy extra style.
  • Prove yourself in the Minor Leagues and earn training points along the way. Use the training points to make yourself stronger, faster, and more capable. New interactions can kick off 2x Training Point Earning periods that help you get stronger, better, faster. Want to be a bomb hitting fireball pitcher? No problem.
  • Unlock and activate Perks, which can help with hitting more home runs, putting the ball in play, and more opportunities to steal a base.
  • Earn and equip various stat boosting equipment, and rituals to also help you perform better each game.
  • Leverage your abilities to rise through the ranks in pursuit of the dream of playing Major League Baseball. Get a sports agent to represent you and put him to work to help pave your path.
  • If you have what it takes to make the big leagues, you’re one of a select few, but you’re not done yet. Turn your sites on the record books. Build yourself into a true legend, one epic moment to the next, to be exalted in the halls of Cooperstown.
Nothing is a Promise on Road to the Show
But this story isn’t all about you. Professional baseball is a big world, and you’re just a speck on the map. Each organization has unique needs. And coaches, scouts, agents, the media — they have their own responsibilities, too.

This year, Road to the Show will now sprinkle in true-to-life interactions in a documentary-style presentation. As your career unfolds, you will occasionally interact with coaches, managers, representatives, and more, facing choices that can influence your future path and your road to the show. Your actions, their effects, and the narrator’s insights explore beyond not only your on-field performance, but also your off-the-field aspects of being a professional ballplayer.

One Door Closes, Another Opens
During interactions with other characters in your baseball world, you’ll make choices on how you engage in dialogue. Bluntness or honesty is up to you and the possibilities are vast, but your future at your position, the public’s perception of you, and your role with the team hang in the balance. Will you help the team out and change positions to fit an organizational need, or stick to your guns on your personal mission to be the best left-handed shortstop of all-time?

As you play and make choices, a documentary style voice will narrate the twists and turns as though you’re watching a baseball documentary unfold live before you. To make the experience as realistic as possible, these interactions take place in settings never before seen in Road to the Show, like team locker rooms and managers’ offices.

This is just the beginning of MLB The Show’s non-linear narrative with Road to the Show. We’re looking forward to players enjoying all that this mode has to offer, and we can’t wait to see all the paths that you’ll blaze through our baseball world.

Platform: PS4

Last edited by Impetuous65; 03-14-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Re: RTTS 17 Blog RPG Docu Style Narative

I like what I read, it initially seems that the focus is on your player's baseball career, and the different paths it can take based on what you do. Not the focus on the personal life stuff we seem to be getting forced through a lot with NBA 2k's career mode the last couple years. In RPG terms, this may be of an Elder Scrolls style of RPG that unfolds based on what you do, whereas NBA 2K may be more likened to a JRPG like FF13 that has a set story line and character(s) that you are dropped into.

I really dig the idea of a narrator telling the story like a documentary. Kind of like the old VH1 "Behind the Music" series or something. That will save us from having to listen to horrible voice acting at least. I'm going to guess that maybe the guy sitting with Ramone in the Facebook Live Q&A a few weeks ago could be involved here? He sure had a narrator's voice, anyway.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 03-14-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Their RTTS player's last name is DaBEST... 😁

Sent from my htc 10 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Curious to see if this affects carry over RTTS players?

I already have a CF and a SP that are already in the majors. I was not really planning on starting another new character this year. I have never given the left side of the infield a fair shot so maybe I will create a player just to see the new stuff.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #5
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Same boat. I have one from 2014 and one I made this year. I likely won't be making another one any time soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz

I already have a CF and a SP that are already in the majors. I was not really planning on starting another new character this year. I have never given the left side of the infield a fair shot so maybe I will create a player just to see the new stuff.
I've been in the Majors for a while and this year I'm starting from scratch. I really miss those 1st MileStones and making it to the show. And, I really want to experience the documentary style/RPG elements I hoping SDS actually have you make decisions and the decisions affect gameplay and they have recall.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I've been in the Majors for a while and this year I'm starting from scratch. I really miss those 1st MileStones and making it to the show. And, I really want to experience the documentary style/RPG elements I hoping SDS actually have you make decisions and the decisions affect gameplay and they have recall.
I have a CF that I plan to carry over, and plan to start with a new SP. Depending on how the SP experience goes, I may have to give up my CF and start fresh, as that's usually the more fun experience for me.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Interesting. I love the idea of the role playing game/documentary. My only concern is I don't want the mode to be just glorifying Manager Interactions.

When I heard about the new PYP I put all of my focus on my RTTS and am close to finishing his career so I can be ready to make a new one in '17.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »