Home

MLB The Show 17 RTTS Delivering Additional Cutscenes, Scenarios & More After Launch

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 RTTS Delivering Additional Cutscenes, Scenarios & More After Launch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 17 RTTS Delivering Additional Cutscenes, Scenarios & More After Laun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Extra content could be tied to situations that you may not have even experienced during your play through. Also could be stuff that you won't see until you're well into your career.
That's what I'm hoping.

I don't know if you play 2K basketball but this year some cutscenes weren't playing in your career mode (not because they were timed, just a glitch) and I didn't progress in my career until they were working.

I'm afraid this will be like that but on purpose.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:56 AM   #18
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
Instead of earning stubs perhaps you could use your salary to buy stubs and exchange those for equipment and perks within RTTS. You get a higher salary based on play and paid a certain time each month. This adds an extra step but makes salary relevant.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:52 AM   #19
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 17 RTTS Delivering Additional Cutscenes, Scenarios & More After Laun

Cynics on YouTube are already decrying this idea, saying it means we're getting an incomplete game at launch, and citing the chocolate rations thing from 1984.

These people have no sense of joy or wonder. None.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #20
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

I will admit that as a long time RTTS player, going back to 2006 or 2007, that I am not completely sold on the mode yet.

I amd still really concerned about the potential for the manager to ask you to swap positions. We have seen that in almost every preview and video. As long as, if I say no, I am not penalized to harshly or even at all then I am good.

I am not too concerned about that happening with my established players as they are a 99 CF and a Rookie of the Year starting pitcher. But If I choose a to try a new player this year I will most likely start a SS or 3B. In the past I have spent significant time in RTTS as a 1B, 2B and CF so I really don't want to get shifted to those positions again.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:57 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Cynics on YouTube are already decrying this idea, saying it means we're getting an incomplete game at launch, and citing the chocolate rations thing from 1984.

These people have no sense of joy or wonder. None.
These people are just looking at it wrong. What the idea is saying is "the game may be shipped, but we are still working our butts off to keep it fresh, for as long as possible".
San Diego could just mail it in and say ''we're done with this thing, it is what it is''. They could just give us the bare minimum roster updates, but SDS is striving for more than ''bare minimum''.
I wish there were a way for those cynics to opt out of extra work SDS is putting forth and leave it to those who are capable of appreciating it.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #22
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
These people are just looking at it wrong. What the idea is saying is "the game may be shipped, but we are still working our butts off to keep it fresh, for as long as possible".
San Diego could just mail it in and say ''we're done with this thing, it is what it is''. They could just give us the bare minimum roster updates, but SDS is striving for more than ''bare minimum''.
I wish there were a way for those cynics to opt out of extra work SDS is putting forth and leave it to those who are capable of appreciating it.
I can already hear them saying "You mean like No Man's Sky?"

(and just so I'm clear, I agree with you)
Old 03-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #23
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Basketball is by far my favorite sport but I think MLB at least ever since last year has become my favorite game. The amount the developers actually care about making a good game rather than just making $$$ is what does it for me.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:26 AM   #24
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

I love how some people see updates and additional content being added as an "incomplete" game. I think its awesome that they are going to keep supporting RTTS after launch and see it as a way to keep it fresh.

If you play a fielder there are gonna be things your not going to see that are pitcher specific and vise-versa. I don't see the arguement for missing content due to updates. I usually start an infielder and pitcher just so I got some different game play.

My only concern is if I get forced to move positions. I am not a fan of playing the outfield and i usually start a speedy contact infielder. I don't know if I would be real happy about being moved to the outfield. If thats the case, I will just stand firm on my current position and get benched if I have to. I guess we will see on the 28th. Really psyched for this years installment!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »