Home

Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Development

This is a discussion on Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Development within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Development

Editor Chris Sanner recently got a chance to go out to 2K and chat with several members of the NBA 2K team about what it was like to go from a member of the OS and Sports Gaming Community to working in gaming. In this third video, we take a look at the realities of game development while being a fan of the game series. Also discussions of skills you need to work in gaming as well as the importance of passion.

Next week is our last video in the series and will include a lot of great advice from the guys at 2K about how to get noticed by gaming companies and what you can do to stand out. Stay tuned for that one!

As part of this series, we are also wanting to encourage anyone interested in working in gaming to look into it. The results of what former OS'ers have been able to do at 2K Sports in particular speaks for itself.

If you are interested in possibly working in gaming, you should certainly give it a try! We are encouraging all interested members of the community to contact Chad Riggleman, a recruiter at 2K Sports, about how you may fit in with their future. E-mail Chad at [email protected].
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Developme

We're very grateful to have these guys as our game developers and the 2kteam.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Developme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
We're very grateful to have these guys as our game developers and the 2kteam.
Setting the bar real low huh. Yesterday it took me 20 minutes to load into my career. I could understand if it was October but we are in April. This game should of been fixed months ago.

Not grateful for broken game that no one bothers to fix. Not even going to mention the in game faults.

2K get your **** together.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Not grateful for broken game that no one bothers to fix. Not even going to mention the in game faults.
12 patches bruh
Old 04-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
12 patches bruh
exactly. 12 useless patches that didn't fix much. Stuff like people jumping on my back and I get called for travel is just 1 of many things that should of been fixed ages ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

okayyy I get why like a week after 2k16 came out there was an article along the lines of "already working on 2k17"... I know I've been getting a polished and added features version of the previous game, but one of these dudes just confirmed it. (5:32)
So 2k18 is just going to be the most recent patch of 2k14 + a different looking UI, whatever from their "blue sky list" they could've fit in before the deadline and special guest for the playlist...

got it
Old 04-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

We need more transparency from the Dev Team. Not about them as people or how hard they have it, but about 2k itself.

Not knowing how to earn badges, not knowing what "changed shooting" means in a patch note.

How about some real numbers? Tell us percentages. 2k Lab shouldn't be doing 2k's job - it's what creates disgruntled customers.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Well, at least Leftos likes my username...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »