Home

Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Development

This is a discussion on Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Development within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Softball interview.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Developme

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajaz27
Softball interview.
The purpose of the series is not to probe on every gameplay issue we as a community find sub standard.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #11
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Three: Dealing With The Realities of Developme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
The purpose of the series is not to probe on every gameplay issue we as a community find sub standard.
How about just probe for info?

Doesn't have to be negative, but 2k tells us almost nothing about how the game works. If I could ask them questions, I'd want to know what's really going on in the coding, so we could figure out how improve our game.

I know that last years RTTF champions got special access to ask them questions, isn't that some kind of conflict of interest for eSports?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 05:38 PM   #12
MVP

zello144's Arena

I really like this series are you guys planning to interview the dev teams at other studios for other games like MLB The Show? Madden?
Old 04-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
How about just probe for info?

Doesn't have to be negative, but 2k tells us almost nothing about how the game works.
Why would they? O'S and even a dev clarified what the purpose of this series was. It wasn't probing or anything of the sort. I'd welcome it, of course. But this was about the devs, their work and how to get into it if that's your thing. And no offense, but you and a few others are always negative about everything with this game. I get it. 2k17 has been a misfire. The devs couldn't not notice it. But at some point you have to either accept it or move on.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #14
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Why would they? O'S and even a dev clarified what the purpose of this series was. It wasn't probing or anything of the sort. I'd welcome it, of course. But this was about the devs, their work and how to get into it if that's your thing. And no offense, but you and a few others are always negative about everything with this game. I get it. 2k17 has been a misfire. The devs couldn't not notice it. But at some point you have to either accept it or move on.
Asking for OS to probe for more info about the game (or for 2k to just give it out) isn't negative.

I get what the purpose of the video series is, but I'm saying how about the next series let's get some info on the game mechanics.

That implies I like the game enough to learn more about it - ain't nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #15
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

That part about us fans pointing out the wrong shade of blue on sneakers is accurate lol.

Last edited by MontanaMan; 04-16-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #16
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

I don't understand how anyone who works at 2k could ever play a game of any gamemode and be satisfied with the level of effort that was put into it

12 patches (!!!) that removed barley any of the stuff that we've been complaining about all year long. Yes development is hard I understand that, I'm not saying i could do any better because of course I couldn't, But it's not my damn job. This is their job and they should know how to do it properly.

I may not be good at development, but at least i'm good at my job. You can't sit here and tell us that fixing bugs and problems in the game is very hard when that's what they're literally paying you to do, not to mention that pretty much every other gaming company can fix a problem with their game when the community point it out to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »