Home

MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

The MLB The Show 17 server issues persisted over the weekend, and many are starting to feel like there is no end in sight.

While server issues are a traditional problem with Sony and MLB The Show, last year it seemed like there was a lot of progress made towards a smoother playing experience. Unfortunately this year, it appears the series has indeed suffered a setback with the online play.

Last year, there were some rough days even a couple of weeks after launch as well, but the servers going down at the start of Easter weekend was a real low point (Sony did get them back up on the whole by Saturday). With that in mind, we thought it best to at least summarize the issues that have cropped up during this first month and sort of just encapsulate the whole saga to this point.

Read More - MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
After playing this game for as long as I can remember I just put my copy up for sale on Ebay. Aside from 2 games, all games played whether versus the CPU or head to head have gone to the queue. If after 3 weeks you can't figure out how to make your game playable I'm out. I likely will not purchase in the future.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

Re: MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

I love this game.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Sony needs dedicated servers on their exclusives like Microsoft does stop being so cheap!
Old 04-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #5
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3
I'm an MLB The Show "fan boy" for sure!

But... as much as I want to fire back @ the negativity expressed towards SDS here, it's hard to argue a lot of it...

What's driving most consumers nuts, are the lack of explanation? This development team has been nothing but forthright in the past & as accountable as any group I can remember? So, why not now?

What's going on SDS? IS there a patch coming? Are these server issues gunna be resolved? The mammoth HR's gunna be toned down? If so, great! If not, great! We're simply trying to hang with you, start franchises, find "work arounds" etc...

Personally, I LOVE this game! And, because I'm an off-line franchise guy & have adjustable sliders, none of what people are displeased about impacts me much (fortunately)

If you'r reading SDS, a lot of us do appreciate your efforts annually... Keep at it!

-GW-

Last edited by GWPump23; 04-17-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
Rookie

First off, the community hasn't "devolved" just because a few loudmouths act like punks. But SDS has indeed been a "brick wall."

Secondly, SDS in their statement to the community NEVER apologized, instead choosing to adopt a patronizing tone with all the usual "commitment to excellence" wording. They didn't even say that THEY understood our frustration, wording it as, "Understandably, many of you are frustrated..." Fair game to parse their language since they chose to adopt a no-liability product-recall legalese instead of just saying, "We are sorry. You deserve better."

I love the Show, but SSD deserves ALL the vitriol it's receiving (personal attacks excluded).

Last edited by 335TDC; 04-17-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
First off, the community hasn't "devolved" just because a few loudmouths act like punks. But SDS has indeed been a "brick wall."

Secondly, SDS in their statement to the community NEVER apologized, instead choosing to adopt a patronizing tone with all the usual "commitment to excellence" wording. They didn't even say that THEY understood our frustration, wording it as, "Understandably, many of you are frustrated..." Fair game to parse their language since they chose to take a write in non-liability product-recall legalese instead of just saying, "We are sorry. You deserve better."

I love the Show, but SSD deserves ALL the vitriol it's receiving (personal attacks excluded).

Again, coming from a "fanboy" here...

This game has been released for a month? I'd imagine some of these issues requiring some time to resolve?

I'm ALL for holding people accountable. Don't feel this group deserves a "pass", either. DO feel that some time (to resolve issues) is fair though...

Did any of you hear Ramone Russell during Millennium's 3-day pre-release game stream? The guy was WIPED OUT! The game's post release hang over will pass, developer's batteries will recharge & these guys will "right" what's "wrong"...

SDS's past track record will prove me right...

-GW-

Last edited by GWPump23; 04-17-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC

Secondly, SDS in their statement to the community NEVER apologized, instead choosing to adopt a patronizing tone with all the usual "commitment to excellence" wording. They didn't even say that THEY understood our frustration, wording it as, "Understandably, many of you are frustrated..." Fair game to parse their language since they chose to adopt a no-liability product-recall legalese instead of just saying, "We are sorry. You deserve better."

I mean we did say the criticism was justified, we just highlighted personal attacks not being helpful (the same thing you just did).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »