Home

MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done. Non-stop server issues completely ruin it for me online, it's just not playable anymore. Before MLB the show 16 i haven't bought any show game since '12 and i was just getting back into the Franchise. This year's game looked so promising but constant neglicition of the servers , especially where the show makes all their money is just downright scummy. Looks like I will be abandoning the Show for '18 until they can prove they can handle the server issues.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #18
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

As a totally offline user who is not at all affected by server issues, I can say I don't truly experience the frustration many have. I can also say that it's disappointing that some areas of the game consistently have breakthroughs (graphics, lighting, DD, gameplay) and some others consistently lag behind (online, franchise mode, logic) every year. I believe that Sony should take a long look at the chronic problem areas and try to fix them, whether by hiring more people or whatever to help out.

That they have to keep giving people free stuff/DLC every year to make up for rocky rollouts is really unfortunate.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #19
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
I'm an MLB The Show "fan boy" for sure!

But... as much as I want to fire back @ the negativity expressed towards SDS here, it's hard to argue a lot of it...

What's driving most consumers nuts, are the lack of explanation? This development team has been nothing but forthright in the past & as accountable as any group I can remember? So, why not now?

What's going on SDS? IS there a patch coming? Are these server issues gunna be resolved? The mammoth HR's gunna be toned down? If so, great! If not, great! We're simply trying to hang with you, start franchises, find "work arounds" etc...

Personally, I LOVE this game! And, because I'm an off-line franchise guy & have adjustable sliders, none of what people are displeased about impacts me much (fortunately)

If you'r reading SDS, a lot of us do appreciate your efforts annually... Keep at it!

-GW-
This is my thought as well, GW.

SCEA has a heavy presence here before release so why is there nothing now? Even a simple update, 1-2 sentences long, every couple of days would be better...what they're working on, when they expect certain things to be released for a patch, etc.

I don't believe it's a "Run with the money!!" type thing SCEA is doing like No Man's Sky where a bunch of promises were made that are knowingly going to be unfulfilled at release...I believe 100% that SCEA is doing everything they can to fix what was featured.

From a devil's advocate perspective, I understand that if they have no news to provide or cannot provide any timelines, what they're working on, etc...that we'd hear nothing. But something is better than nothing which is what is fueling the frustration.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #20
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

They deserve all the backlash they are receiving for being silent for all this time. Like the poster above stated, SDS had a heavy presence here every day leading up to release touting all the additions they have made to '17 and selling their product. Now they are afraid to face their disgruntled customers? You could see them lurking in these forums every day since release, yet no word from them. How many server updates have there been? 3-4? Yet the server problems gets worse with every update? Their silence tells me that they do not have a solution to resolve this major problem.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #21
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
The hit to Sony due to the lack of communication will probably be longer lasting than the server issues by a good measure, and it's going to take a lot of honest and open communication in the future to repair some of the wounds and divides the community and Sony have with one another on this front.
This was pulled from the article and I think is absolutely true, Chris...for all the good PR that SCEA has created the past few years, this year seems to have created a lot of unsurety at what seems like negligence by SCEA.

There are still a lot of users, at least on OS, that has faith in SCEA eventually delivering but for the new users that picked up the game, that faith is simply not there and it will be unlikely the new users for 2017 will be repeat buyers in 2018.

...all this in just 3 weeks time, too. But when online is now a substantial portion of the entire game, that's what happens.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 21

I don't know who their backend Cloud service provider is but they should be terminating that contract and hook up with IBM, Google, or some major player that has a proven track record of success in the Cloud for major programs and millions of transactions.

What we will most likely hear is that the silence was deliberate since they did not want to say anything until they knew what the issues were and corrected them. Not a great strategy for the fan base, but from their point of view, why get hammered daily with questions and abuse on forums if they have no resolution? I am not saying I agree with this strategy, but could be their thinking.

Bottom line - game is defective...yep...it is broken in this particular case. No denying or sugar coating that, and it is not a matter of semantics. Shame on SDS for not having this covered well before a 2017 release, especially with their track history of dealing with all thing network and server based in the past.

C
Old 04-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #23
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
This was pulled from the article and I think is absolutely true, Chris...for all the good PR that SCEA has created the past few years, this year seems to have created a lot of unsurety at what seems like negligence by SCEA.

There are still a lot of users, at least on OS, that has faith in SCEA eventually delivering but for the new users that picked up the game, that faith is simply not there and it will be unlikely the new users for 2017 will be repeat buyers in 2018.

...all this in just 3 weeks time, too. But when online is now a substantial portion of the entire game, that's what happens.
I don't think it is limited to new users either. I think, and this is just my opinion of course, that gamers as a whole are getting real tired of being burned by shoddy games coming out. This trend of we can fix it after launch is already getting really old and I think it is just going to get worse before it gets better. I can't even count the amount of games that in the past year that when released were crap and then 3 to 6 months later were great games.

Personally, I am very disappointed in this years release. I am probably about the biggest fan boy of this game on here and has defended this game and the Developers for a long time. But this year I honestly don;t feel like I have a leg to stand on. This game is a mess and not just with the server issues. I have seen more bugs and glitches in this game than ever before. For the first time in the life of this series, I am seriously thinking about going back a year because at least I was having fun with the game and it works.

I don't like the direction this game is going, I don't play online at all. I dont enjoy the Diamond Dynasty stuff. It is just not in my interest. For me the additions that were added this year seem to be broken, QC and QM lead to SP issues that completely throw off any possibility of their use in franchise. I actually forgot about quirks because I just think they are a gimmick and I dont look for them.

Well there is more but I think I will save it for a thread that it should probably actually be in. But for one last thing. I am done with the day one purchase of this title and am almost with a certainty going to start skipping a year or two.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #24
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Nice to see OS callling SDS out on this. As much as I love this game, they deserve all the criticism until this is resolved. Before the release, I was planing to renew my PSN subscription so I could play online, but I'm glad I didn't. So this issue is costing Sony money in more ways than one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »