Home

MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look Like

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look Like within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look Like

Dynamic difficulty is one of the strongest suits of MLB The Show 17, especially for newer gamers. In this video, Mike Lowe takes some time to break down what Dynamic Difficulty is, and more pressing for this video, what a Dynamic Difficulty 2.0 could look like into next season.

Be sure to subscribe to Mike on YouTube. Also if you can't see the video above, click to see it here.

If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out OS on YouTube as well, subscribe here.
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look

I absolutely love dynamic difficulty. I keep the sensitivity at 10 and that gives me plenty of ebbs and flows. sometimes I'm the bug, sometimes I'm the windshield. I probably wont ever be the '98 Yankees on dynamic but I wont be the '62 Mets either. I go into the season knowing maybe I'll win 70 or maybe I'll win 90. heck I could even win 90 and miss the post-season.
Aint baseball grand?

A Work in Progress
Old 05-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look

Since difficulty has no impact on manage mode because it is cpu vs cpu I'm guessing dynamic difficulty also has no impact, is that correct?
Old 05-09-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Really wish all the difficulty levels found in Dynamic Difficulty could be selected outside of it.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:22 PM   #5
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I'd like to be able to choose a starting point for what difficulty I start at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2017, 12:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7
Great video. Well thought out and many outstanding points. I really hope the makers of MLB the show look at this use it to improve next years game.

My 2 cents are that the user should have the ability to add their input as well. For instance, I love to hit a lot of HR but don't want too high of an average. If there was a way to input that and have dynamic difficulty 2.0 adjust for that as well as have realistic results like in your video would be the best of both worlds imho.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:10 AM   #7
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Really wish all the difficulty levels found in Dynamic Difficulty could be selected outside of it.
Yeah, especially since I seem to hover at All-Star+.

There IS an easy workaround--once you get to your desired in-between difficulty, set the corresponding slider to zero--but it needs to be made easier, as you said.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I go up to All Star and back down to Rookie with Dynamic all the time. I go on big runs of success then big failures so i figure i should be on Vet but i move down and up so often that it seems like no mode is is right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »