Home

Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

The Madden NFL 18 Creative Director, Rex Dickson has posted an image on Twitter with a brief description of each game style in the game. As noted earlier this morning, Madden NFL 18 will have 3 new game styles, Arcade, Simulation and Competitive. We should hear more details about these game styles as EA Play gets closer.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Unhappy Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Sounds like simulation style could be synonymous with normal style. The other two sound like additions and simulation sounds like what we've always had.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Sounds like simulation style could be synonymous with normal style. The other two sound like additions and simulation sounds like what we've always had.
I'm wondering if they won't reimplement some fair play rules to separate from arcade though.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Maybe this was a way for the developers to finally add the simulation things that the higher ups wouldn't allow due to competitive play. Excited to hear more.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Maybe, I think the "play to ratings" thing is interesting. In talking with Rex he said the competitive guys didn't want QB's missing throws when the read was right and I think the game tuned that way throughout 17. I am curious if we will see more errant throws and sack fumbles when throwing, things that were there early and slowly changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
actually ive yet to see players play according to their ratings , same for entire team.So i hope that means attributes other than sped,accel matter more than those two going forward, along with weight, height , etc.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Will definitely be going with sim game style.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 14

If I remember correctly they had this feature back on ps1 or early ps2 days. Glad it is back, more options is always a win for the community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »