Home

Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

I'm so happy they're doing this. This could be huge.

I myself am a sim gamer to the core, of course I'm interested to use that.

But it will be cool to have the competitive mode too for online play with some RL friends from way back in college (I'm old, I'm 33) I still play BF1 and Madden with online.

But for my little offline CFM world where I want as much a sim experience as possible, this could be huge. Finally we can hopefully see realistic errant throws, bad snaps, and the like.

There is no reason they can't cater to sim and non-sim players. I'm happy they're doing this, hopefully we can all have our cake and eat it too.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #10
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Sounds like simulation style could be synonymous with normal style. The other two sound like additions and simulation sounds like what we've always had.
This is my fear..

Madden as a whole has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm in the wait and see group now.. hard evidence is needed to impress me
Old 05-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
This is my fear..

Madden as a whole has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm in the wait and see group now.. hard evidence is needed to impress me
I'm okay if that is true though. They had to tune things like overthrows and sack fumbles to appease the competitive crowd. I am assuming the took the offsides off on defense (made it was harder at least) to appease the arcade crowd. I think we can get back some of the things we wanted, with the option to add more unique things going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #12
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

I think by reading those descriptions that competitive will be the "no bad snaps, no bad throws, no DPI, no holding, nothing out of user control" mode that Madden has been forever.

Sim will hopefully allow those things to be part of the game finally.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If "Simulation" does include things like bad snaps / etc., I very much look forward to seeing the reaction of the first user to lose a game of Madden like this:

Old 05-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

This could be amazing. Hopefully there's new sliders that undoubtedly work and more penalties for Simulation mode. I really hope they both get equal post launch attention as well.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #15
Rookie

As long as "simulation" does NOT have the ability to 'swerve' the DBs out of position for easy deep throws, then I'm down for it! I really do hope this "simulation" mode has things like gameplay affecting stamina, awareness-based penalty chances, in-game penalties like holding on BOTH sides of the ball, etc.

100% wait and see for anyone who has a pulse and been around for any length of time with the Madden series...same story every year with the hype videos and trailers that show nothing of gameplay and in-game mechanics.

EA has always been able to put together tight hype vids...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #16
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

so rex has already stated that :

"Gameplay tuning updates will be play style specific. Title updates are more about global fixes."

Now my concern here, and yes its premature since we dont have full details on this , is that it seemed to me the patches were more what messed the game up than simple tuners. Maybe it will be done in a different manner now that gameplay styles are split up. I am hopeful this plays out well. I know only time will tell though, but still trying to be hopeful at this point.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »