Home

More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

GameStop has revealed some more Madden NFL 18 features. Check them out below.

Product Details
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL gameday come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

New Ways to Play
POWERED BY FROSTBITE Madden Like You've Never Seen Before. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in our most photorealistic game to date. All-new firework displays, player run-outs and stunning weather elements deliver Madden like you've never seen before. MORE TO COME
PLAY NOW LIVE! Play the best real-world NFL match ups each week! Take the field with your favorite team or play the best weekly matchup using live updates containing the latest rosters, custom commentary and up-to-date stats from NFL.com then continue your season all the way to the Super Bowl from Play Now.

GAMEPLAY
  • Target Passing: For the first time ever, no longer are you tied to throwing at your open wide receiver. Throw to who you want, in the exact spot on the field with all-new Target Passing, giving you, ultimate control over where the ball is thrown.
  • Play Styles: Play the game you want by selecting from three new and unique play-styles catering each matchup to your specifications:
    • Arcade - Action packed excitement filled with spectacular plays and scoring with limited penalties.
    • Simulation - True to player and team ratings using authentic NFL rules and gameplay.
    • Competitive - Your stick skills are key, earn big rewards for your skill or receive bigger penalties.
  • Coverage Assignment: Know your job in pass coverage with an on-screen, real-time UI system informing you of your coverage assignment in pass defense.
  • Coach Adjustments: Customize the AI to fit your game plan and make situational changes to your strategy on the fly as the game demands it.
Favorite Ways to Play
MUT - Build, play, and win with your ultimate team of todays' NFL stars and legends. Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) is the complete NFL team-building mode using your favorite NFL players from the past and present. Play games, collect rewards and upgrade your team with daily, fun and engaging content updates including legendary NFL players exclusively found in MUT. Continuously craft your squad to elite status on the road to building your Ultimate Team dynasty. MORE TO COME
FRANCHISE - Create your Dynasty. Play weekly full game matchups or get through a season quickly by playing as just the offense, defense, or key moments from the game. Grab the reins and control your teams' operations from signing free agents and making trades, to scouting and drafting players, your decisions build your dynasty. Join up with other players and battle through the season in a fully connected league experience. Choose to play and manage your Franchise from your smart phone using the Madden Companion App.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

So either they're holding back on franchise details or its just getting a lick of paint... Excited if the game play is good and visuals are great but I have a lot of trepidation over CFM now.

Sent from my F3111 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Interesting.

- No mention of story mode, so must be grouped into the forthcoming Frostibite reveals
- Franchise mode doesn't mention who you play. Just offense/defense/etc, no mention of coach, player, or GM.
- Play now starting from any point in the season and then letting you complete the season is a nice addition. Could see myself using that, which I haven't said about any feature outside of franchise mode in a long time.

Targeted passing sounds.... scary? lol.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
GAMEPLAY[list][*]Target Passing: For the first time ever, no longer are you tied to throwing at your open wide receiver. Throw to who you want, in the exact spot on the field with all-new Target Passing, giving you, ultimate control over where the ball is thrown.
Very interested to see how this works. It's gotta be something super simple and easy. If it means untethered receivers though I'm all for it. Color me intrigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Favorite Ways to Play
FRANCHISE - Create your Dynasty. Play weekly full game matchups or get through a season quickly by playing as just the offense, defense, or key moments from the game. Grab the reins and control your teams' operations from signing free agents and making trades, to scouting and drafting players, your decisions build your dynasty. Join up with other players and battle through the season in a fully connected league experience. Choose to play and manage your Franchise from your smart phone using the Madden Companion App.
LOL. Welp........
Old 05-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

looking forward to some weather improvements.....but please for the love of god let us have an option to set it to whatever we want inside franchise too.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #6
Rookie

I wonder when you create a new stadium, if you can create the landscape as well. Or if they have it already built in as the stadiums are already made for you. I still have dreams of putting my outdoor stadium deep in the jungle somewhere.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Target Passing: For the first time ever, no longer are you tied to throwing at your open wide receiver. Throw to who you want, in the exact spot on the field with all-new Target Passing, giving you, ultimate control over where the ball is thrown.
I want to see this in action, stat. Madden's passing controls have iteratively improved over the years but haven't seen a wholesale change since... well, ever?

I don't want to overstate it because I don't know what it is yet, but this could be a dramatic change in how we interact with and play quarterback in Madden.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #8
MVP

A lot of good stuff here! Target passing is long overdue so I'm glad to see them finally implement it. Having an Arcade & Simulation mode is something that has been asked for by the Sim community for years so kudos to EA for getting that done.

With "enhanced visuals" I really hope they improved the sidelines as well. If they still have those generic player models with no names on jerseys, no accessories, all wearing the same facemask, etc.....the enhanced visuals won't mean much. Gotta get the sidelines to resemble the on field players.

I hope the physics engine got an upgrade as well. Don't want to see players walking through other players bodies when breaking the huddle, players walking through player's bodies lying on the field after tackles, limbs fusing/clipping together when getting up from pile ups, etc.... This stuff has to be cleaned up. If not then nothing else matters because it totally kills immersion. Player physics need to be consistent at all times meaning before, during & after the play. Looking forward to seeing the game in action.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 05-13-2017 at 09:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »