Home

More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #17
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

Solid news so far, but I will be anxiously waiting to hear something about the return of Online Team Play. Please, EA ...
Old 05-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #18
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Interested in seeing how the passing works. If the sliding and warp catches are still there, I won't be impressed.....
It should be easy to test this out in practice by purposely placing passes in areas that should make them totally uncatchable and observing if physics defying shenanigans ensue.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #19
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Hopefully in sim mode, ratings, pressure, and weather will have a strong impact on where the ball ultimately ends up when using Target Passing.
This is exactly what I want to see. On Competitive or Arcade, the ball goes right where you decide it goes. On Simulation it relies heavily on ratings and the conditions. I was coming into this year thinking there wasn't going to be any difference between Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes so hopefully this will change that. It'd be great if they tuned velocity/arm strength as well so that the variance was more noticeable. It's also going to be really interesting to see certain scenarios like throwing an out before a receiver breaks and how the game handles that.

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 05-12-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #20
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Player introductions are nice! Also sounds like dynamic weather is in. Story mode will probably be revealed at ea play.

Last edited by jbd345; 05-12-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #21
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Target passing, hmm. Awesome that we'll finally be able to drop the ball "in the bucket" along the sidelines and in between zones, make true back pylon throws, place screens/slants perfectly for some RAC, etc.

However, they absolutely have to give us the option of using target passing and face buttons AT THE SAME TIME. I should be able to check down quickly using the face buttons if I have to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 30
First off, info looks a lil scant, for now. Nothing making me go gaga just yet. And I can care less about the story mode not mentioned here but I'll eff with it if I decide I want to try something different....

Secondly, regarding target passing, I'm wondering if they dug up a lil known feature Madden had ages ago on PS1 where, as QB, you would click the R3 button and you would literally get a target on the field that you control with the right stick.
I actually LOVED that back in the day and used it all the time, and wonder if they refined it or it will be the same exact feature.
If it is the same or basically, then hate to say a lie is being told but at the same time, seemed like almost no one even knew it was in Madden years ago when I brought it up before, I believe on here, if not other sites.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #23
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Honestly, I enjoyed Madden 17 enough that if the only thing they implemented was ratings and the styles of play...and made them as they intended which for us sm folks means penalties, mistakes ect...then this warrants my pre order. I might even do the GOAT just because. Everything else is pure bonus and welcome. I assume nothing and take info in stride.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #24
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

If Coach Adjustments goes both ways that could add a lot of immersion.

I want to finally see the AI start to aggressively play the run if I'm cramming it down their throats. Get me out of my comfort zone and make me play chess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »