Home

MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look Like

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look Like within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #9
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look

I agree, I like being at All Star + and have to take an all star team against a AA team with the dynamic slider at 10 to get there...then drop the slider to zero.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #10
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look

I'm having a problem locking in on my skill level with my RTTS SP.Let's say I have DD set to 10.I get to the skill level I want to be.I hit the option button,go to RTTS sliders,change it to zero,accept the changes and go back to the game.The game ignores my request to stay on that level and quickly boots me up or down from where I want to be.If I recheck the DD slider it is set to zero.Am I doing this correctly?
Also I just had a thought.This player is an import from I believe MLB14.Would that give me an issue?
Old 05-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Really wish all the difficulty levels found in Dynamic Difficulty could be selected outside of it.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I'd like to be able to choose a starting point for what difficulty I start at.
And yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #12
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

This is something I have wanted for a very long time... I even brought it up to one of the dev team either on OS or TSN over the last couple of years. they asked me how it would work and I tried to explain but not even as close to as clearly as you did in this video... great stuff

I remember either World Series baseball or 2K at some point for one year did this. they had self-adjusting sliders. I never understood how SDS never brought this on board... this is something I could get behind as I always get sliders when I use ANY slider set... but this would calm those nerves due to knowing that they are always adjusting due to how I am playing...

I give this a huge yes vote, two thumbs up and I"m behind this and you on this a billion percent... let's get this going... and soon...

SDS get him to the studio for a week or two and have him discuss this with whatever team members need to be included... have this video cued up and ready to go for discussion...

this would take this game to the next level... please I think I speak for a great deal of us here when I say... please make this happen...

Last edited by mlblover15; 05-11-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #13
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

One thing I have always wanted with Dynamic Difficulty is a separate slider for both hitting and pitching. I very rarely dial both in at the same time and it would be nice to be able to turn off the progression of one and let the other still progress. It is not a bid deal to turn it on off manually now, but it would be nice to not have to take this step.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #14
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

OVR: 0

a quick way to get dynamic difficulty to where you want it is to put quick counts on, turn the sensitivity slider up and fast forward through the batting or vice versa. it took me 4 games to get to hall of fame plus for pitching and each game whizzed by, i also tried to pick easy matchups that i know would help speed up the process. i picked an ace and a weak hitting team, quick counts on, and only pitched.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #15
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfiant1
Great video. Well thought out and many outstanding points. I really hope the makers of MLB the show look at this use it to improve next years game.

My 2 cents are that the user should have the ability to add their input as well. For instance, I love to hit a lot of HR but don't want too high of an average. If there was a way to input that and have dynamic difficulty 2.0 adjust for that as well as have realistic results like in your video would be the best of both worlds imho.
That's a very cool idea.

Thanks for the kind words as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #16
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
This is something I have wanted for a very long time... I even brought it up to one of the dev team either on OS or TSN over the last couple of years. they asked me how it would work and I tried to explain but not even as close to as clearly as you did in this video... great stuff

I remember either World Series baseball or 2K at some point for one year did this. they had self-adjusting sliders. I never understood how SDS never brought this on board... this is something I could get behind as I always get sliders when I use ANY slider set... but this would calm those nerves due to knowing that they are always adjusting due to how I am playing...

I give this a huge yes vote, two thumbs up and I"m behind this and you on this a billion percent... let's get this going... and soon...

SDS get him to the studio for a week or two and have him discuss this with whatever team members need to be included... have this video cued up and ready to go for discussion...

this would take this game to the next level... please I think I speak for a great deal of us here when I say... please make this happen...
Thank you. I'd love to do whatever I could to help make the game better and more enjoyable for us all.

We cannot let sim sports gaming die!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »