Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #17
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced

I'm finding this new event much easier than I find BR, I don't know why. I guess the best players don't bother messing around with it as the rewards aren't that great in comparison, but I managed to win 9 games and get Killibrew with my first attempt (and both my losses were pretty tough, one essentially thrown by the computer by dropping back to back routine fly balls to let them walk it off), much better than anything I've managed in BR. Might try and grind it to 50 wins for the cards as it's not been too tough, plus it'll help with my Diamond program.

Having all lefty pitchers though really opens up some cards I wouldn't normally go near though, it's quite fun. A complete slug fest obviously though as your poor pitchers are really up against it. Rookie Arenado is in his element though, same for that CWS Konerko that normally wouldn't stand a chance of getting near my first base position.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #18
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I'm finding this new event much easier than I find BR, I don't know why. I guess the best players don't bother messing around with it as the rewards aren't that great in comparison, but I managed to win 9 games and get Killibrew with my first attempt (and both my losses were pretty tough, one essentially thrown by the computer by dropping back to back routine fly balls to let them walk it off), much better than anything I've managed in BR. Might try and grind it to 50 wins for the cards as it's not been too tough, plus it'll help with my Diamond program.

Having all lefty pitchers though really opens up some cards I wouldn't normally go near though, it's quite fun. A complete slug fest obviously though as your poor pitchers are really up against it. Rookie Arenado is in his element though, same for that CWS Konerko that normally wouldn't stand a chance of getting near my first base position.

It's definitely true that this is easier than BR. I had no trouble going 12-0 my first try and I've never gone 12-0 on BR. If you can hit, then this event should be a breeze for you.

I'm curious if anyone knows whether or not you can get Andrew miller more than once? Like if I enter again and go 12 wins will I get a second miller? This is a great way to make tons of stubs quickly if it's possible.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #19
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
It's definitely true that this is easier than BR. I had no trouble going 12-0 my first try and I've never gone 12-0 on BR. If you can hit, then this event should be a breeze for you.

I'm curious if anyone knows whether or not you can get Andrew miller more than once? Like if I enter again and go 12 wins will I get a second miller? This is a great way to make tons of stubs quickly if it's possible.
I imagine you can, based on how little he's going for. Only 40k for a diamond reliever with ridiculous ratings suggests there's a lot of people with some spare. His regular card is like 120k and it's pretty much identical
Old 05-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #20
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

I think you can, I mean, I don't see why not.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #21
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think you can, I mean, I don't see why not.

You can, just won my second Andrew Miller. Wow I'm going to be playing this a lot between now and Wednesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #22
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
You can, just won my second Andrew Miller. Wow I'm going to be playing this a lot between now and Wednesday.
Yeah I think I will as well then. I'm 9-0 right now after going 11-2 last time so I have two Killebrews so far.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #23
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Why does the event not end once you get to 12? Why do I have to intentionally lose to restart it? Does anyone at sds have any common sense?

Last edited by mikeq672; 05-20-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #24
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Why does the event not end once you get to 12? Why do I have to intentionally lose to restart it? Does anyone at sds have any common sense?

Because people want to see how high their streak can go instead of starting over to make another easy 50k! Yeah right...

Hysterical, it's weird to me that anyone would play more than 12 games unless they're 1 win away from the breakout starters wins or something. You should be allowed to just start over without taking a loss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »