Home

NBA 2K18 MyGM / MyLEAGUE Details & Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 MyGM / MyLEAGUE Details & Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #273
Rookie

davez's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K18 MyGM / MyLEAGUE Details & Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Will we be able to edit CAP heads after we draft them? Like, could I draft a player with a low crew cut. Then during the season change his hair style to an Afro or braids? Or add facial hair and stuff? The CAP faces look really good and human this year. Just wondering of well be able to edit the heads in ML. It could add so much variety, like players switching up their accessories.
Yeah, you can edit appearance at any time.
Novato, CA, USA

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List
Old 08-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #274
Rookie

davez's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
@Leftos and or Davez:

In 2K18 will we see the return of each coach profile having their own Points of Emphasis options?

This was crucial to achieving realistic stats in MyLeague. It was sort of a game breaker for us hardcore MyLeaguers last year when 2K17 shipped without this feature. They have since reimplemented it into the game via patch.
What was implemented in the patch stayed in.
Novato, CA, USA

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List
Old 08-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #275
Pro

OVR: 0

Hey davez can you share any info on an update to the player progression system. It seemed like guys ratings progressed in the same pattern in 2k17. Also wondering if you can share info on free agent contract demands, specifically if the mid level guys demand their fair share of the cash. Thanks for anything you can share and if not i guess i can wait another month to find for myself lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #276
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
Leftos hasn't shown up yet (#Where'sLeftos?), so... we can only use players that are part of the NBA. So, we'll have some players signed to two-way contracts, but not call-ups until they're added to the roster in roster updates.

With CAPs, it should be all part of the same system.
Pre-season experience counts, right? I think I'm always started my MyLeague's within the first week of the game being released so I don't remember exactly how it works. I started my Celtics MyLeague immediately last year so guys like Demetrius Jackson weren't apart of my MyLeague. Being able to get guys like that in this year is going to be awesome.

Regarding roster size and G-League: Are rosters at 15, plus the two two-contracts, plus you can get an additional roster slot if you get awarded a Hardship exception, as well? Then for your G-League team, you can sign players to a deal, however, unless they have a two-way contract then they can be poached by other teams? Is that how that's going to work?

I could probably come up with 100 more questions but I know you're a busy guy so I'll just wait to see for myself. I appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions here. Tell Leftos we said hi and not to be a stranger.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #277
Rookie

The protected Picks were nice last Year, but the Trade AI ****ed it up again. Its just too easy to build a great team. You can always gamble on picks if you know Player X is going to leave in FA.

And I was always annoyed that a 36 Year old CP3 or Melo still were asking 30M/Year from me, even though my Team dominated the League and they still had no Ring.

I hope the implementation of the D-League is done well, because I always end up with too many talented Players.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #278
Rookie

ifeanyi18's Arena

Quote:
What was implemented in the patch stayed in.
I know you mentioned you guys always work on tweaking sim engine, but please correct the randomness in terms of team success. It's just completely unrealistic many/most of the seasons in terms of seeding and playoff upsets and kills immersion. Warriors often finishing 4th seed or less then getting demolished in playoffs. Teams like the suns winning a ring etc.

The statistical likelihood of a team winning in each individual matchup based off of the teams' overalls need some major tweaking.

Certain things like the spurs underwhelming success while simulating I think is partially/mostly rating creators fault for how underrated they are.

But even the teams that are powerhouses in the game like warriors, cavs etc, it's completely unrealistic how often and frequently they lose especially in the post-season.

Last edited by ifeanyi18; 08-17-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #279
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, you can edit appearance at any time.
Awesome! I cant wait to get 4 or 5 years in and have players go from baby faced kids to rugged old vets and reflect that with their look. Its a "little thing" thats big for me. Ok, I'm set now. Thanks for the work you guys/gals put in, I for one, appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:56 PM   #280
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeanyi18
I know you mentioned you guys always work on tweaking sim engine, but please correct the randomness in terms of team success. It's just completely unrealistic many/most of the seasons in terms of seeding and playoff upsets and kills immersion. Warriors often finishing 4th seed or less then getting demolished in playoffs. Teams like the suns winning a ring etc.

The statistical likelihood of a team winning in each individual matchup based off of the teams' overalls need some major tweaking.

Certain things like the spurs underwhelming success while simulating I think is partially/mostly rating creators fault for how underrated they are.

But even the teams that are powerhouses in the game like warriors, cavs etc, it's completely unrealistic how often and frequently they lose especially in the post-season.

This is because of the ratings..... they're too bunched together, too many 80s and 70s.
You won't see many 20 win teams and you won't see many 50/60 win teams.

It's not looking good so far if you've seen some of the released ratings, it seems 2k is too worried about relationships with players and is scared to rate low.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »