Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Interview

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Interview within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2006, 01:37 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Just shows even if the game came out near perfection you still wouldn't be happy.
I disagree. The past says a lot about games and last years effort was very poor. Of course they could turn things completely around in 1 year, but it's not easy to do. I was at least hoping the swing/throwing animations would be improved and that isn't the case.

When issues from last years game are asked and the answers supplied either avoid the question completely or discuss some other feature within the game, that's not good.

With that said, I have high hopes for the game. I'm very hard on baseball games as that's easily my favorite sports video game. I'm just concerned that Inside Edge seems to be the answer to everything surrounding this game.

Last edited by mjb2124; 02-04-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #10
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
I disagree. The past says a lot about games and last years effort was very poor. Of course they could turn things completely around in 1 year, but it's not easy to do. I was at least hoping the swing/throwing animations would be improved and that isn't the case.

When issues from last years game are asked and the answers supplied either avoid the question completely or discuss some other feature within the game, that's not good.

With that said, I have high hopes for the game. I'm very hard on baseball games as that's easily my favorite sports video game. I'm just concerned that Inside Edge seems to be the answer to everything surrounding this game.

Yeah but considering this might be the final outing for current gen...I'm not expecting alot for that version. Now the 360 version is the one I'm eager for and will be critical on....But as far as current gen, I'm not expecting a big difference more like an expansion or slight upgrade...even though...I know alot of people are expecting a whole new game...I don't see that happening at all...
Old 02-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Yeah but considering this might be the final outing for current gen...I'm not expecting alot for that version. Now the 360 version is the one I'm eager for and will be critical on....But as far as current gen, I'm not expecting a big difference more like an expansion or slight upgrade...even though...I know alot of people are expecting a whole new game...I don't see that happening at all...
Good point regarding current gen. I also have a 360 and am waiting to hear some info regarding that game. I just hope it's not a port from the current gen with improved graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

I am glad some of you felt the evasion of questions....usually 2k games are real good at answering critical questions. Their Q&A on their forums are by far the best I have ever seen a large video game company do.

I am not the biggest baseball fan but one thing I cannot stand is video games that don't accuaratly represent pitch count and balls/strikes. MVP baseball could be manipulated to give such results hopefully this game does too. I havn't played 2kBaseball yet but i am looking forward to it.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Put me in the "worried" camp.

No-one is making us buy this........but this year there is so much less choice that its realistic to hope that this will be a good game. And I say this as a historic Sega / 2k fan.

I would be stunned if the main bugs from before weren't fixed but who knows what else will open up ? The fiasco that was last years franchise mode indicates that 2k did little or no testing (or at least no bug fixing).

I didnt like the tone of the interview. It didnt answer the critical questions. Its ludicrous to suggest that Inside Edge will fix the pitch counts and walks realism issues. It's the AI and sliders that will fix these and this is not the same thing.

I'm not worried about ESPN Integration but his answer was pure arrogance and spin. Its the underlying attitude that worries me.

As I say, I've always willed 2k to succeed due to their Sega heritage.....but last years game was a real let down.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #14
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo

As usual, I agree completely with joeboo.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #15
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

The more I hear about this and other baseball offerings for this year, the more I realize that I'll be playing a modded MVP '05 on PC for quite a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »