Home

MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review (Xbox)

We have just posted our MVP 06 NCAA Baseball review. Find out what Clay Shaver has to say about it.
"“Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.”

That was the credo of Gunnery Sergeant Thomas “Gunny” Highway in the Clint Eastwood classic “Heartbreak Ridge.” That’s what good Marines do in any difficult situation. There’s no surrender. You never stop fighting. You think. You act. You win."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review (Xbox)

Impressive review on the real. I'm definitely hyped about trying this one out after I get a solid amount of cash flowing the right way. I'm kind of proud EA stepped it up and got it solid.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Impressive review on the real. I'm definitely hyped about trying this one out after I get a solid amount of cash flowing the right way. I'm kind of proud EA stepped it up and got it solid.

pretty damn accurate review for me! They had a great game and did not give up! Hopefully it sells well enough to put next year on the 360....I would order it now!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
pretty damn accurate review for me! They had a great game and did not give up! Hopefully it sells well enough to put next year on the 360....I would order it now!
I agree, this game had me re purchase the xbox ,would be sweet on the 360!!

great job clay
Old 02-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

No offense, but way overboard on the review. Compare this game to its predecessor and you come away with a very different opinion

Quote:
Lastly, I have to cover a great addition that has more to do with EA Sports then it does with the title MVP 06 NCAA Baseball specifically. This title is showcasing the first integration of EA’s ESPN license. Unlike the way it was utilized for mostly on-the-field presentation in the old 2K/ESPN titles, EA Sports has launched what they are calling “Online Everywhere.” As long as your system is connected and online, every time you boot the game, you will be essentially connected to the ESPN network for a live ticker, sports stories, and even ESPN radio updates. Although I have no research to back it up, I estimate that roughly…umm… 100% of sports gaming fans are also sports fans. This addition is a great glimpse at amazing things to come with online console gaming.
I'm going to argue the brilliance of EA's innovation on the ESPN integration from a couple of aspects. First, if you aren't online, this implementation is dead to you. That's it. Game over. So in the absence of that, what presentation elements are available that speak of the ESPN branding? None. Nada. Zilch. Does the onscreen presentation sparkle with that unique ESPN flavour? Nope. Do you get voice over? Sure, but is it of a higher quality than MVP 2005? I think not

For all of the aspects of baseball that MVP 2005 rendered so well, do you really get an experience in MVP 2006 that heightens the gameplaying experience overall compared to the earlier version of the game?

My money says "No"

An overwhelming review for what is only a good game. Not great. Good. There are some nice additions on the side of animations, but look at the overall graphical package, the features that have been removed and the general lack of character exhibited by this game and I'd argue that you have a game that has taken more of a sideways or even a backwards step than MVP 2005

That you can argue that this game so exceeds MVP 2005 is fraudulent, reprehensibly so

Isn't it time we expected more from the "industry leader" in virtual sports gaming? Quit apologizing for EA and start challenging them to offer more

It should start here

Have fun...............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #6
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 02-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #7
T*g*r's Sw*ng - M*ck*ls*n's M*n B**bs

injunwal's Arena

OVR: 18

Even though I do not share the same opinion as you on the overall quality of this game, any review that references one of the greatest characters in cinematic history ( Gunnery Sergeant Thomas “Gunny” Highway ) gets an A+
Old 02-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
That's a brilliant reply. Thank you for that

Have fun.............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »