Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (Xbox)

We have just posted our Major League Baseball 2K6 review. Find out what Clay had to say about it.
"If we’ve learned nothing else over the years it’s that the multi-million dollar business of sports gaming is a cutthroat one. The battle to make the best game for each sport has been raging since the days of RBI Baseball, Blades of Steel and Double Dribble. Long before the days of the exclusivity agreement, developers battled to be the top release. In this new era of exclusive rights, the battlefield has obviously changed a bit. The NFL lives at EA with NASCAR and FIFA, while the MLB license, at least for cross platform releases, lives with 2K Games.

The fear of the sports gamer since the first press release is always the same. What happens when there is no competition? Who wins? Who loses? What’s the motivation to go the extra mile when you’ve crippled the competition?"
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (Xbox)

at least he got through a full game. I didnt make it that far.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
MVP

stalsy2310's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
lol i didnt make it through a game either, me and you are in the same boat with many others. 5/10 is over rating the game it deserves a FM.(failed Miserably)
Green Bay Packers
Wisconsin Badgers
Cal St. Fullerton
Friends dont let other friends root for dook
Old 04-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
Note - this is not the 360 review, this is for the original Xbox.

There is a separate review coming for the 360 version.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:31 AM   #5
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Holy CRAP!! I can't believe this. I never thought I'd see the day when 2K would sink this low.....and deserve it. I'm too heart broken to even check the rating. However, if they deserve it, give it to them. Sad year in sports and it's just starting........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I own the 360 version and personally I think the Online aspect may be one of the worst in a long time.

You can't use inside edge or the catcher at all. There are no cutscenes which I guess is just to cut down on game time. You are locked in to options that just kill the game:

Auto-Round - You'll get tagged out on this atleast once every 2 games.

Auto Dive back - This is annoying, the AI dives back at some of the worst moments, actually allowed the CPU to turn a triple play.

Your stuck with default batting and pitching cams. Fielding seems to get worse online.

It's this easy, Offline the game is frustrating, Online the game is much much much more frustrating, not worth it for me.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #7
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Finally read it and somehow i can really understand it. Almost like they purposely left it dry for another try or something. Horrible stuff. As a casual gamer, I can't even tell these things. I'm definitely going to check it out and see what it plays like. I thought 2K5 was horrible but after a few adjustments, it did a pretty good flow of gaming. I'm definitely hoping that if I did pick this one up, it would be adjustable and stuff. Love the full season online even though it's not my type of gaming. Good review and informative review.......
Old 04-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I think Clay hit the nail on the head as far as saying that some things make you go "Yeah, that's perfect," while others are "...what?" moments.

I've had the game for 3 days now and have played 4 games (and saved in the middle of a 5th one). In my second game, I got serious and got away from the initial "new game" factor and I think it played a decent game of ball. There are mishaps, like when the CPU threw to a base and it just rolled by the basemen and I took another base (actually, CPU automatically did it...).

I wouldn't say the game deserves a 5 though. I think more like a 7. There's some negative points in the game, but there are plenty of good things that I didn't see in MVP Baseball 2005 (which is still the best baseball game ever, to me) or any other baseball game I've owned that keep it good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »