Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
This is the first review I highly disagree with. The game is buggy, but it plays a damn good game of baseball with some slider tweaks. 1/10 is pretty harsh.
Remember, Mark's experience was a 1/10... if you're not getting freezing (or the freezing doesn't bother you), clearly you will score it higher.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 04-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #10
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
This is the first review I highly disagree with. The game is buggy, but it plays a damn good game of baseball with some slider tweaks. 1/10 is pretty harsh.
The game, out of the box, does not play. It does not play a "damn good game of baseball" for most people, because last I checked a baseball game was 9 innings. I often downplay statistical inaccuracies in baseball games, but that's one stat that's hard to ignore.

Obviously, had the game simply worked, there would be a different review. I think the fact that many reviews did not mention the freeze is a disservice to consumers - no one should be buying this game, at least not until it's patched.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #11
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Um, I hope this doesn't kill any friendship ya'll guys had with 2K cause man are ya'll kicking them in the balls or what!! Hilarious stuff. Guess this makes my purchase from eventually to a hell naw.......
Oh well, the truth hurts sometimes but it needs to be said.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #12
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Oh well, the truth hurts sometimes but it needs to be said.
Exactly!

God bless MVP Mods, as those guys have saved baseball for me and millions of others.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:22 PM   #13
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
The game, out of the box, does not play. It does not play a "damn good game of baseball" for most people, because last I checked a baseball game was 9 innings. I often downplay statistical inaccuracies in baseball games, but that's one stat that's hard to ignore.

Obviously, had the game simply worked, there would be a different review. I think the fact that many reviews did not mention the freeze is a disservice to consumers - no one should be buying this game, at least not until it's patched.
I agree, great review. I am SHOCKED other reviewers did not mention the freezing in their reviews. They are usually all over this kind of thing, especially and "exclusive" license console game doing it.

I was so disapointed by this game. Cant wait for MLB The Show on the PS3, 2K will need a miracle to have this do a 180 on the XBox next year. (though it is possible)

Not to mention those dirt bags bought the PC license as well and didnt even release a PC version for the mod community to make better. That is dirty 2K. If you were not going to make a game for it, leave it alone for EA to make a newer version. Even if it was only and updated roster and season in EA's 06 for the PC, it would still be leaps and bounds better.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 04-18-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

this is an awesome game. After you fix freezing. It just has fielding porblems that i got used to/baserunning which you can get used to. The more you play this game the more you like it. It plays 10 times at relistic as mvp. With Inside edge. I threw a game yesterday at bush stadium i was reds. Milton won the game and threw 109 pitches something you'd never c on mvp.And it was so great how inside edge is because i struck out pujols iwth the game on the line. Amazing graphics also. I gave the game a 8.3. and i had freezing one day but fixed it. By reformatting my 360.

Last edited by asrabbit91; 04-18-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #15
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I gave this game an honest effort, and I gave up. It's 2006 and this is the XBOX 360. If this is the best they can do, we baseball fans that have a 360 are in trouble. Nice scam job on the graphics. They are no where close to those renders(?) they first put up. Freezing sucks, and too many things left out. Get rid of Kush
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I gave this game an honest effort, and I gave up. It's 2006 and this is the XBOX 360. If this is the best they can do, we baseball fans that have a 360 are in trouble. Nice scam job on the graphics. They are no where close to those renders(?) they first put up. Freezing sucks, and too many things left out. Get rid of Kush
Reformat your 360 and you will c 0 freezes.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »