Home

Wrestling Spirit 2 Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Wrestling Spirit 2 Review (PC) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Wrestling Spirit 2 Review (PC)

We have just posted our Wrestling Spirit 2 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert had to say about it.
"From the best wrestling text based sim company in the world (okay, the only wrestling text based sim company in the world) comes Wrestling Spirit 2. I have to be honest with you, though: I didn’t get a chance to play the first Wrestling Spirit. When I was assigned to review this game, I assumed it was similar to Grey Dog’s Total Extreme Wrestling or Adam Ryland’s previous wrestling simulators, where you are commissioner of a wrestling company and your primary responsibility is booking matches. Wrestling Spirit 2 is nothing like that. This time you aren’t a booking matches….you are actually taking part in them. This game focuses primarily on the life of a wrestler. Instead of being Vince McMahon or Paul Heyman, you are Triple H or Jeff Jarrett."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Wrestling Spirit 2 Review (PC)

Good review, Aaron. I was considering picking this up, but it sounds to me like maybe the original version may still be good enough. I'm not really interested in the League aspect of this game. I mean, I guess it sounds neat and different, but I like the way the original played just fine.

No sound? I could swear there's sound in the original game, as well. At least someone telling you the name of each move as you choose it. I could be wrong though. Don't have the game on this PC to check.

Either way, thanks for reviewing it, guys. Great job!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Good review, Aaron. I was considering picking this up, but it sounds to me like maybe the original version may still be good enough. I'm not really interested in the League aspect of this game. I mean, I guess it sounds neat and different, but I like the way the original played just fine.

No sound? I could swear there's sound in the original game, as well. At least someone telling you the name of each move as you choose it. I could be wrong though. Don't have the game on this PC to check.

Either way, thanks for reviewing it, guys. Great job!
Maybe it was my computer or my copy because I saw an option for sound but did not hear anything during the match or even music in the menus.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

So I am assuming that there are fictional wrestlers in the game and not wrestlers under liscence by real promotions.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #5
Gr*y D*g S*ftw*r*

Clover's Arena

OVR: 2

Hi DCAllAmerican,

You are correct. The game has fictional characters. You can check out Grey Dog's forums for more information on the game. I suggest you check out the Mods section if you'd like to use real wrestlers/styles:
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...splay.php?f=97

Enjoy!

Tara
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Are there any forums/mods for Total Control Basketball?
Old 07-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #7
Gr*y D*g S*ftw*r*

Clover's Arena

OVR: 2

Hi DCAllAmerican,

Yes you will find mods for both our college and pro basketball games. If you visit the forums and check under each game's section you'll find the "Mods".

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/index.php

Enjoy!

Tara

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »