Home

NCAA Football 07 Review (360)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 07 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 07 Review (360)

We have just posted our NCAA Football 07 review. Find out what Shawn Drotar had to say about it.
"Madden may get all the press, but around these parts, NCAA is the go-to game for a football fix, and it has been for years.

Now, the college football cornucopia that is the NCAA Football series soft-lands on the Xbox 360, bringing less features to that system than its current-gen cousin does to the Xbox and PS2, but a whole stadium full of gridiron goodness just the same.

Speaking of stadiums, most games begin with a sweeping fly-over of one of the game's lavishly appointed ones, and it's obvious that a lot of care and attention to detail went into creating these football cathedrals.

Unfortunately, those fly-overs lose some of their beauty as distinct frame-rate issues rear their ugly heads in virtually every stadium pan."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Football 07 Review (360)

steve-

good read

couple ( or 3) of ???'s

1. on the JUMP the snap option...does the AI mix up its cadence to throw u off--or can u just time it after a couple of tries?

2....are the "running elusiveness" animations real world (like 2k5) or a bit arcadey?

3.....being a 2k fan, just wondering if this game has a feel like 2k5? (i ask because usually NCAA/MADDEN have similar engines)
Old 08-11-2006, 08:13 AM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
steve-

good read

couple ( or 3) of ???'s

1. on the JUMP the snap option...does the AI mix up its cadence to throw u off--or can u just time it after a couple of tries?

2....are the "running elusiveness" animations real world (like 2k5) or a bit arcadey?

3.....being a 2k fan, just wondering if this game has a feel like 2k5? (i ask because usually NCAA/MADDEN have similar engines)
Actually K-Gun, I didn't write the review, Shawn did.

As for your questions, I can answer them w/ my thoughts, maybe Shawn can offer up his thoughts later.

1. Yes, the AI definitely changes up its cadence. But it's more of the camera going back that gets you jumping offsides, than the cadence. You see, when the AI fakes a snap, the camera shifts backwards, almost like the ball was snapped, to get you to bite.

2. There are definite improvements in the running game, but unfortunately, the "Getting Skinny" that was very well done in NFL 2K5, isn't implemented as well in NCAA 07. You will "Get Skinny" on occasion, but far too often you'll see the "Mario Running". They need to come up w/ an animation that lets you slide off your offensive lineman, instead of running in place behind them.

3. No, it doesn't feel like NFL 2K5 to me, but it's definitely the best 360 football game out right now.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
3. No, it doesn't feel like NFL 2K5 to me, but it's definitely the best 360 football game out right now.
Ha! Did you laugh when you wrote that?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Ha! Did you laugh when you wrote that?
No, it is the best football game on the 360 "Right Now", IMHO. What's yours?
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

You failed to mention no way for the Coach moders to play this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »