Home

"Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

This is a discussion on "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

Wow, how doesn't this get caught very early in beta testing? I know this happened back in like Madden 2000 (maybe 2001) for the PS1, but I think you actually had to put them there.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #18
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

So, if I disable MGL this won't happen? Can you even disable MGL?
MGL=madden gamer level
Old 08-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #19
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Wow, how doesn't this get caught very early in beta testing? I know this happened back in like Madden 2000 (maybe 2001) for the PS1, but I think you actually had to put them there.
Yup, you had to unlock thwm qith the Madden points or whatever it was called but you didn't have to put them on the Franchise FA list if you didn't want to. I remember them being rather expensive and not all that good for the most part.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:09 AM   #20
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevel
That's too bad ... I wonder how high up the priority list "Franchise Mode" was for the QA team? Assuming the QA team are all NFL fanatics (or at least knowledgable), you'd think that it might strike them as odd when they face Terry Bradshaw playing QB for the Browns in week 3 of a franchise.

I still think the gameplay improvements and new features warrant the purchase, but there certainly needs to be a workaround made available or a patch via XBL immediately upon release.
According to a "Making of..." special I watched last week, they have QA teams for individual areas (i.e. Franchise, Mini-Games, etc.). If that's the case, it almost seems like it has to be intentional.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 08-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Yup, you had to unlock thwm qith the Madden points or whatever it was called but you didn't have to put them on the Franchise FA list if you didn't want to. I remember them being rather expensive and not all that good for the most part.
That's right, IIRC you could purchase packs of cards with these points for these players. I remember there being a big time glitch that made it beyond simple to unlock them all really fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #22
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

What if it IS intentional?? For the first time ever, I feel sorry for EA because a few guys are feeling they got burned by this "game killing" bug. It's the hardware which might allow more slip ups to occur. Ya'll do need to realize that they can probably fix it through a patch.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 16

This is horrible news....

How can EA think of releasing a game where you can't play with realistic rosters?

Off the top of my head - is it possible to control all 32 teams in franchise mode? It would be a lot of work, but at least you wouldn't have Sammy Baugh playing for the Chargers (and Paul Warfield playing for the Steelers)
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #24
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
So, if I disable MGL this won't happen? Can you even disable MGL?
MGL=madden gamer level
As Shawn has reported, you could skip MGL ... but that means you can't save any settings.

If you're willing to play default, and never save a profile/settings/etc. you could bypass the MGL.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »