Home

Madden NFL 07 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 07 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 07 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
I'll quote myself from the other thread ...
Like I said, just a suggestion for a way to improve the review process. If you don't want to continually here the lament, address the way you do things, otherwise, don't complain when people consistently come on here and say "it's an issue"

That you comment on the very fact in your review underlines that you understand it as an issue

Have fun............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 09-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #10
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Hey - I definitely know it's an issue.

I hate the damn things.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #11

OVR: 34

I think the review is spot on and addresses many things other reviews haven't. One thing I think is "missing" is a little more on the framerate issues. Sometimes, the framerate in this game feels like the whole game is online with a little lag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
It's a well written review IMO, the best I've seen (though thats not saying much considering whats out there!).

The one thing missing, and I think should have been mentioned prominently, is the cut-scenes replacing the walk-up to the line. There are so many strategic and tactical things happening during the walk-up to the line that it is inexcusable that there isn't at least an option to turn the cut-scenes off. This one design decision really shows the emphasis on game as opposed to simulation. There are many realistic aspects of Madden 07 for 360 but the end result is extremely arcadey IMO.

I don't like them either, but you can hit a to skip them if you want.

I guess that might be a problem for random online games, but at least in the games I've played most people skip them.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Good read, and I agree 100%. It's got alot of great things, but alot of flaws also. The disco glitch ruined it for me imo.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:38 AM   #14
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

What about about the horrible collision detection? My god it ruins this game. Dudes are running though me on the way to the end-zone!!! I think that deserved a mention in the review... I would give the game a 5 for that alone.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 AM   #15
Pro

This is the most honest review I've read from any site or magazine yet. It addresses things that I'd love for other mainstream publications to address to put pressure on EA to change some things.

Here's the thing I don't get about Madden most of all. We were told that none of the features from last gen carried over to this gen because the entire engine was being built from the ground up for next gen. If that's the case, why is there still last gen physics, animations, and A.I. While there's some new animations added, the general animation/collision detection engine feels the same where we still have suction blocking, Mario running, and QBs that drop back 20 yards in a blink of an eye.

If this engine was built from the ground up for next gen, why don't lineman really block yet? Why do we still get stuck running in place? Why does the defensive A.I. feel the same as it did when I bought Madden with my launch Xbox more than four years ago?

The truth is this franchise has done nothing to evolve on the field in the areas that really matter. All additions are "back-of-the-box" marketing ploys that really don't address the core part of the game.

I'm a hard core football fan and I believe anybody who wants a realistic sim like myself will be extremely disapointed with Madden. I honestly can't bring myself to enjoy it because of the steps backwards in realism and the problems that have now existed for an entire console generation carried over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #16
Pro

KBomber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I think the review is spot on and addresses many things other reviews haven't. One thing I think is "missing" is a little more on the framerate issues. Sometimes, the framerate in this game feels like the whole game is online with a little lag.
Just as a note, I want to make sure my point is clear. I'm disagreeing with the content of the review, just the corelation of the written review and the numeric score. It just seems as though the numeric score is a bit of a throw away, so really, why bother? I understand the gamerankings thing to a point, but is it really that important?

Just a question. Or two, I guess

Have fun.........

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »