Home

NHL 2K7 Review (360)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K7 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 2K7 Review (360)

We have just posted our NHL 2K7 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"In 1989, I drove a 1976 Ford Grenada. She was a golden rust color with a tattered black roof, windows that wouldn’t roll down and an A.M. radio with 8-track player. She was a good car though. My first. I worked hard to pay for the car myself – all $90 of it. I loved that car.

Like the car, I’m a big fan of the NHL 2K series from the team at Visual Concepts. NHL 2K6 on the original Xbox was one of my all-time favorites and even grabbed a 10 out of 10 from me on the infamous OS scale.

Right now you’re asking yourselves, “what do his 1976 Grenada and NHL 2K6 have in common?”"
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 2K7 Review (360)

If I can offer some constructive criticism, there was no mention of (what I consider) awkward player models and the lack of monetary contracts. I have only played the demo, so I can't speak for franchise, but there is also no mention of how the new CBA is implemented into the franchise mode.

Those three things may be major sticking points to a lot of hockey fans and might warrant mentioning.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 22

Will buy this when it comes out in europe, already bought NHL07, but I miss the defensive tools, and smooth skating from NHL2k series...
Old 10-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
arsenologist

GroveGooner's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
Will buy this when it comes out in europe, already bought NHL07, but I miss the defensive tools, and smooth skating from NHL2k series...
if you still have any other NHL 2K game then keep NHL 07, not only is EA's game better this year but NHL 2k7 plays exactly like the last few versions of this game (aren't we next gen now?). This guy was going in the right direction with his car analogy but then lost the plot... NHL 2K7 is the same old car, just shinier. You play it and instantly feel like hey i've been here before. The game was great 3 years ago but lets move forward (classic case of the madden syndrome).
Old 10-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellison609
if you still have any other NHL 2K game then keep NHL 07, not only is EA's game better this year but NHL 2k7 plays exactly like the last few versions of this game (aren't we next gen now?). This guy was going in the right direction with his car analogy but then lost the plot... NHL 2K7 is the same old car, just shinier. You play it and instantly feel like hey i've been here before. The game was great 3 years ago but lets move forward (classic case of the madden syndrome).
I have both, quite frankly the only things that makes the NHL 07 game even worth playing are the Right Stick and the sound (and it's getting traded in for something else by month's end)...other than that, NHL 2K7 does the same thing winning 11 does...refine, refine, refine—a consistenly good game that gets better with each revision.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »