Home

College Hoops 2K7 Review (360)

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2K7 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
College Hoops 2K7 Review (360)

We have just posted our College Hoops 2K7 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert had to say about it.
"I must admit that I’m not a huge college basketball fan. I watch a lot of games and go to a few Georgetown and Maryland games a year, but I’ve always preferred the NBA. That said, every year the basketball game that I play the most every year is 2K’s College Hoops series. For the past four years, it’s been the game that has come closest to representing real basketball. I’m ashamed to say it, but I was actually upset when last year’s XBOX 360 release was pushed back to March because that meant I wasn’t going to be able to play the game during the real season. Well, its winter again, and the College Hoops series is back with another strong effort.

Graphically, this game is on par with the past 2K basketball games, but this still remains a weak part of this series. The body models are decent, but some of the heads on the models are too big. Also, while I know that the NCAA prevents game developers from creating players that resemble the real-life players, there are far too many players that look nothing like their real life counterpart. I understand that it’s a fine line but it’s not a NCAA violation to create a player that has the same skin tone as the real player. Thankfully, all of this can be edited with the player editor. This year’s game has the most complete editor I’ve seen in a basketball game. If you have the time, you can replicate the face of your favorite player."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: College Hoops 2K7 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted our College Hoops 2K7 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert had to say about it.
"I must admit that I’m not a huge college basketball fan. I watch a lot of games and go to a few Georgetown and Maryland games a year, but I’ve always preferred the NBA. That said, every year the basketball game that I play the most every year is 2K’s College Hoops series. For the past four years, it’s been the game that has come closest to representing real basketball. I’m ashamed to say it, but I was actually upset when last year’s XBOX 360 release was pushed back to March because that meant I wasn’t going to be able to play the game during the real season. Well, its winter again, and the College Hoops series is back with another strong effort.

Graphically, this game is on par with the past 2K basketball games, but this still remains a weak part of this series. The body models are decent, but some of the heads on the models are too big. Also, while I know that the NCAA prevents game developers from creating players that resemble the real-life players, there are far too many players that look nothing like their real life counterpart. I understand that it’s a fine line but it’s not a NCAA violation to create a player that has the same skin tone as the real player. Thankfully, all of this can be edited with the player editor. This year’s game has the most complete editor I’ve seen in a basketball game. If you have the time, you can replicate the face of your favorite player."
Great Review, and you right about replicating the player faces, I'll be done with my rosters in about 2 weeks. And I've been doing some major edits..

Overall your review is accurate and real...this is a great game...and the presentation and announcers need to be boosted..
Old 12-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

I agree Great Review Aaron. nice work ! I found the score appropiate as well because even with all the issues its still a game i stayed up until 5am and played once which I hadn't done in hell since college many years ago.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 12-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

this game looks awesome. i have been hooked on nba2k7 for the ps3 for days now. this game is awesome. i will def pick up the college hoops also.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:51 AM   #5
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll make the comment -- with the evident bugs, especially the free throw bug which I consider to be major, this game shouldn't be a 9 out of 10

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, there has to be a better corelation of numeric values to the text of your reviews

Have fun............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nice review, although I did find one fault.

The review said you were only allowed to assign four plays, but you can use the L trigger and assign an additional four plays. Although the execution is slightly different from NBA 2K7, you do still get 8 plays.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomber
I'll make the comment -- with the evident bugs, especially the free throw bug which I consider to be major, this game shouldn't be a 9 out of 10

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, there has to be a better corelation of numeric values to the text of your reviews

Have fun............
Shocking. Somewhere a broken record is playing.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomber

Have fun............
What??? A Kush produced game with bugs???? I don't believe it! The next thing you're going to tell me is that Paris Hilton is a whore.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »