Home

Major League Baseball 2K7 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K7 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K7 Review (360)

I totally agree with the score. The game looks great but it still needs work in a few areas to be considered a "top" game.
The good news is 2K is going in the right direction and hopefully they will continue to.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #10
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Considering 2k6 got a 0/10, 2k made serious leaps!!!

Go Badgers!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
Rookie

Fatalah's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm surprised the review didn't mention the frequent framerate problems and the occasional loading screen.

I'm glad he mentioned the awkwardness of the fielding camera.

With the framerate,loading, and fielding camera problems variables fixed, I believe this game could rank a 7.5.

Maybe we'll see a framerate fix with a patch?

Still, it's amazing all the problems Kush resolved since 2k6. We should all have newfound faith in 2k8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

Nice review...score is fair....it will hold me till "the show" drops next month. (which is all i hoped for this year anyway) Agreed 100% with the fielding comments. Out of the box its "the Bigs" with sliders it is playable. Big improvement from last year and can't wait to see what another year does!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:49 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
A 10 out of 10 would seem to indicate that the game was perfect and met your expectations in every way. That it was the BEST game ever and that there weren't things missing from the game or features that were lacking in any area.

You highlight a lack of Spring Training games and names missing from the rosters as two things that bothered you, even if it was a little bit. That should make it a less than perfect game for you, so your score should reflect that in some way.

With the complexity of sports games, I can't imagine there ever being a sports game that actually gets a 10 out of 10. There will always be someting wrong with it.
Not true they gave NHL 2k a 10/10. Clay can you explain that to me? Just curious why you didn't come to the same conclusion with this game. I would give the game 7.5 to 8 it is fun to play, but with the fielding problems some are having and the lack of cams and the franchise problems I would say more of 7.5.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

a review is one persons opinion. Look beyond the actual score and read the review. The most important stuff is the review itself, not the score.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #15
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Not true they gave NHL 2k a 10/10. Clay can you explain that to me? Just curious why you didn't come to the same conclusion with this game. I would give the game 7.5 to 8 it is fun to play, but with the fielding problems some are having and the lack of cams and the franchise problems I would say more of 7.5.
(A) A score of 10, as it has been discussed countless times, does not mean perfection.

(B) I like Strawberry Ice Cream. It's my favorite. I dislike Rocky Road. But, that doesn't mean that Rocky Road can't be FANTASTIC, GREAT, PARTY IN THE MOUTH for someone else simply because I don't like it. What I view as flaws in Rocky Road...marshmellow (sp?) and nuts... is not the same opinion as everyone else.

(C) My reviews and subsequent scores are based 100% on my experience. I don't read forums or seek out bugs. I don't ignore them when I find them, but I don't try to break games. The beefs that people had with the NHL game I simply did not have.... The issues that I had with MLB may not have been had by other players.

For the 352,346,755th time here at OS... read the content... not the score. Nit-picking over a number is like saying "I won't sleep with Salma Hayak because she's 40."

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #16
Rookie

Gthasportsgamer's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon11 Re: Major League Baseball 2K7 Review (360)

Nit-picking over a number is like saying "I won't sleep with Salma Hayak because she's 40."
Classic!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »