Home

All Pro Football 2K8 Q&A (360)

This is a discussion on All Pro Football 2K8 Q&A (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
All Pro Football 2K8 Q&A (360)

We have received a copy of All Pro Football 2K8 and we are taking questions in the All Pro Football Forum, for those interested. Throughout the day, I'll update the All Pro Football 2K8 page with some answers. Update #1 is up now, FYI.
Rainey: Do most of the legends feel the same, or are they unique?

Operation Sports: I didn't play around with too many legends just yet. I created three teams so far, just to get a feel for what we'll be looking at. I first created a very offensive minded team, Aikman, Emmitt, Novacek, Harper, Ismail, you get the picture (Go Cowboys!) I didn't select any players for the defense, all offense. When I hit the field, I lit up the AI on offense, but in turn, the AI lit me up, as my defense was horrible, taking bad angles, slow as molasses, frustrating really. Then I went out and created a team with a great defense, selecting no offensive players, just to get a feel for that. Well, all my concerns quickly went away. The defense reacted to the ball extremely well, which is what you would expect "Legendary" defense to react. No longer were they slow, no longer were they taking bad angles. They were ball hawks, in every sense of the word, creating turnovers, big hits over the middle and stripping ball carriers. That's not to say the AI offensive legends didn't get their own on my defense, because after all, I'm playing against some legends as well. So a gold star player would get the better of my gold star DB once, then vice versa. It felt like football, if my gold DB was covering a scrub player, he would be blanketed and if the QB made a mistake and threw his way, it was picked or knocked down. However, there were a few passes that were caught in zones, but man to man, you need to look somewhere else Mr. CPU. My third team was a mix of offensive and defensive Legends and a balanced attack. I think most people are going to play like this, but there are so many ways to configure your team. I think we are going to have some classic online battles, in a chess like gridiron matchup. I was disappointed at first, but now that I know the "Legends" play like legends, I no longer need to worry about the bad angles, which worried me to death."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: All Pro Football 2K8 Q&A (360)

Nice job, thanks Steve.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

This sounds great..
Old 07-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

do you guys have the ps3 or xbox 360 version? If u have the ps3 version or have seen it...is it that noticeable the 30fps compared to the 60fps?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfb
do you guys have the ps3 or xbox 360 version? If u have the ps3 version or have seen it...is it that noticeable the 30fps compared to the 60fps?
He has the 360 version.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfb
He has the 360 version.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
He has the 360 version.
LOL we posted almost at the same time ahahah.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

So is this where I ask questions??? If so. . .I'd like to ask about hair outside the helmet; is there any ala Pac-Man, Polomalu, RW McQuarters, Shockey, Etc.?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »