Home

Indiana Pacers (Online)

This is a discussion on Indiana Pacers (Online) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Indiana Pacers (Online)

Has anyone been able to dominate with the Pacers online in quick ranked matches? For a team filled with good to descent players 1-12, I feel that this team is destined to lose consistently online. It feels like that 2K Sports was able to create their offensive woes perfectly, but screwed them defensively.

Every time I play online, it always feel like that my opponent always get the lucky breaks of the game. I can create open looks for my shooters which results in long rebounds that my opponents grabs then goes down to shoot a contested shot over my players. For having a high 3PT rating, Paul George misses a TON of open 3's. I can play intense defense for 20 seconds for that to wasted by Hibbert reaching in at the last second. I can tip 3-5 passes in a row, and it feels like it ALWAYS goes back to the offense. No matter how many times I block a shot, it ALWAYS feel like it just falls right back into the offensive player's hands. When I'm able to contest a shot (when the RS actual responds), it feels like my opponent hits more CONTESTED shots than they should.

On paper, Indiana should be a tough team to beat in online games, but I ALWAYS feel like that I'm playing against myself than my actual opponent. I use my playbooks, run quick plays, play my own defense, and practice with them offline, but I just can't win in dominate fashion with them. My current record is 79-75.

EDIT: BTW, I'm REALLY trying to avoid going to the darkside of playing zone 24/7 and letting the AI play defense for me. From what I'm seeing from various forums/threads and YouTube, that seems to be the ONLY way to be competitive online.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 01-13-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Indiana Pacers (Online)

i do.. thats the main team i use online

paul george has a 'funny' looking shot.. id suggest u practice it a bit...

things ive done:
- once you get their shots down, west and hansborough almost never miss that close/mid jumper
- green will try to dunk every and anything
- hibbert isnt anything special... manhimi seems to perform better
- hill has a great 3pointer
- orlando johnson is a great slasher + has a good umper

lineup i use
hill
green
george
west
hibbert

bench:
augustin
johnson
stephenson (unfortunately sam young was taken out of the game/released from the team... like johnson, he was another hidden gem)
hansborough
manhimi

ps. no need to play cpu d... its a crutch and honestly most/al the people i blow out play that mess anyway, so its not like its 100%
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Man not much to add but this game speaks to who are popular

Lakers
OKC
Heat
NYC
Clippers

These are the teams that pay the bills and will have the most fans

Indy does not get props from a fanbase standpoint. The game doesn't give Indy bonus points for having one of the better defensive teams in the NBA. They hold teams to the lowest FG% and least amount of points in the NBA. 2K13 doesn't capture teams that force lower FG% when you play against them. I was a Indy user in 2K12 but not in 2K13. Overall man defense is nowhere where it needs to be to attempt to replicate what Indy does. So you have Indy playing average defense and you will have a hard time stopping mid to slightly good teams with the type of defense you can play in this game.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
Chi
Rookie

OVR: 2

I feel that any known team I use, I get blown away on Defense, am I playing to much on ball defense instead of maybe letting computers guard the guy? I hate that play style though but no matter what I do they always get points in the paint/easy shots.

I used the TrailBlazers online once...Bad mistake, I know they are more than a 3pt shooting team but I mean come on, Batum has a good shot, and so does Matthews yet they honestly went 2-20 for me WIDE OPEN shots. That disappointed me, and I couldn't get L.A going because I didn't have his shot down.

Going Off topic but I will give the Pacers a try out at some point... I actually like using the Wizards and Nuggets though for now.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
Rookie

im 400-150 online with them. i lost most of those 150 figuring out what sliders work with certain offball d matchups. now that ive gotten my sliders and defensive matchups right, my D is lockdown.

the main thing to stop online is 3 point shooters. if u guard that 3 point line and defensive rebound, everything else will take care of itself. Indy isnt a great defensive rebounding team though so you must bring a guard to the Dboards at ALL times.

Start Green over Stephenson. Put George on their best wing player and Green on their second best wing player. Most guys online just pick the best teams and play lame azz Zone ALL GAME LONG so i mastered the 2-3 Killer Play and it has so many options that i usually run it the whole game and just exploit the mismatches. I STILL havent figured out George's 3pt release yet but its the last thing i have to learn with this team.

hopefully Granger comes back this year and they will be unstoppable in 2k for me. Im not giving u my sliders and offball d matchups cuz i worked 2 damn hard and long to figure them out (lol...i can tell u setting everything to 100 or 0 doesnt work) but just know that Indy is a dominant team once u figure out how to get them to play D and beat zones. good luck and push past the frustration my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
Banned

It's hard to "feel the pain" of Pacers fans in a 2K sense, when you currently have 2 of the most OVERRATED players in 2K on your roster.

Gerald Green and DJ Augustin.

Green is easily the most JUICED player in the game, and it's not even close. He is having a HORRIBLE season, probably the worst in the NBA, besides maybe Augustin, and his ratings haven't been touched.

One problem I see with the Pacers is that besides Augustin, they don't have anyone who passes the ball well. So turnovers and moving the ball can be a problem...especially if you see some of the CHEESER defenses you see so much online.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Man not much to add but this game speaks to who are popular

Lakers
OKC
Heat
NYC
Clippers

These are the teams that pay the bills and will have the most fans

Indy does not get props from a fanbase standpoint. The game doesn't give Indy bonus points for having one of the better defensive teams in the NBA. They hold teams to the lowest FG% and least amount of points in the NBA. 2K13 doesn't capture teams that force lower FG% when you play against them. I was a Indy user in 2K12 but not in 2K13. Overall man defense is nowhere where it needs to be to attempt to replicate what Indy does. So you have Indy playing average defense and you will have a hard time stopping mid to slightly good teams with the type of defense you can play in this game.

What are you basing this on? And what do you mean by "bonus points"?

Because the Pacers have 4 players on their roster with Def Awr ratings over 80...only the Celtics, Clips, Heat, OKC, and Spurs can say the same.

They also have very solid On-Ball Defense ratings....

There is no need for "bonus points"...they are already there....in the ratings.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
One problem I see with the Pacers is that besides Augustin, they don't have anyone who passes the ball well. So turnovers and moving the ball can be a problem...especially if you see some of the CHEESER defenses you see so much online.
I agree.

Hill is an average distributer. Lance's ratings are askew. And Ben Handsbrough isnt in the game. Augustine is the purest point on the team and has broken out of his slump in January, yet his ratings reflect November.

I stopped playing online this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »