Home

PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

This is a discussion on PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon2 PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

Page 35-Post 344 Bookmarks The Discussions Of Each Page

This thread is Not necessarily a wishlist, but Hopefully a fruitful conversation we can have and bounce around ideas about what we expect and speculate to get from this first dive into next gen.

Personally, I expect this edition of MLB The Show to change the world and I consider throwing away my hopes and dreams just to play this video game everyday.

First, I'd say that if anyone has looked at the EASports Ignite trailer, it starts off showing Barcelona's home stadium Camp Nou. Take a look at how much is captured , Imagine what we have in store for ourselves in MLB The Show 14

Other things most intriguing, I'm oozing to discuss a possible new leap in the perfection of ball / throwing physics, and player contact. Looking forward to unveiling more potentials this game has for us
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2013-07-24-18h10m54s75.jpg (221.4 KB, 4231 views)

Last edited by @legendm0de; 10-27-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Re: PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

Another wild fantasy of mine has been to restructure how we physically play the game of baseball in MLB The Show. I want to have a lot more physical control of my players.

They should take advantage of this PS4 system using it to allow them to be very creative in regard to how we play the game and add some very special touches we can experience in the game. Specifically, I'll relate to you fellow gamers what I mean

Pitching: I'd like a closer 3rd person ability when controlling my pitcher when my team is on defense. I want to be more responsible for the requirements of pitchers, watching baserunners, picking up signs from the catcher, point of view throwing to locations vs the batter. I'd also like a more in depth control of the mechanics and delivery of every pitch.

Batting: Asking for a more personalized control of my batters actions inside the box. For example, how deep and far in or out I choose to stand my batter in an At-Bat from his default position. A small addition such as that, is all that I'm asking for.

Baserunning: And finally, the most desired change I've wanted in regard to this idea has always been to carry on the 1st Person mode we get in RTTS running the bases over to all modes in the game. After putting a ball in play I want to fully control the decisions my player makes or does not make on the base paths. Also including a true ability to choose how we slide into bases to avoid tags or contact, etc.

Just some ideas to try and run on, I believe the PS3 system could possibly be able to go in depth on these features also, but a PS4 would definitely be capable of running these sort of tricks to perfection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MLB 12 The Show_3.jpg (132.4 KB, 4118 views)

Last edited by @legendm0de; 07-24-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Rookie

noseeumcreek's Arena

OVR: 0

I want the game to scale back on some of the gameplay changes and go back to 2012's mode a little more, but wishlist wise...

I would love a deeper and more comprehensive franchise experience. A more accurate idea of minor league and also chance to send some prospects to things like Arizona Fall League or Dominican Winter Ball to help improve their ability. The main changes to the game over the years has been to graphics and gameplay and they all have been (mostly) fine, but I kept hearing the argument they could not go deeper into things like Franchise until they had more memory room. I'm not sure if you need single A (high or low) to be playable. Some would disagree, but I do think you need rosters for those teams and for their to be recordable results so you can see either development or regression in players. But hey, with PS4, no more excuses.

Also, I want create-a-team/expansion franchise abilities. Expansion would be more fun since the expansion draft in MLB baseball is a lot of fun to think about as a possible way for drafting and creating your own unique team. Of course you would need two new teams for expansion to happen, but I think it could. The computer could have its own draft for its own team in another city. Of course, if you consider this, you need new fictional minor league teams to choose from as triple a or double a affiliates. Again, I think you could have 10 generic teams from different cities that are unused in major league baseball. It would be easy to copycat.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm definitely excited for what the PS4 version has to offer, considering the memory is far greater. I definitely hope that more Franchise options are added, such as Create A Uniform and relocation/stadium builder options. I would really love to see the stance customizer get deeper, including possibly generating a stance, somewhat like what MLB 2k had. I could go on and on, might add more as ideas come to me.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
Baserunning: And finally, the most desired change I've wanted in regard to this idea has always been to carry on the 1st Person mode we get in RTTS running the bases over to all modes in the game. After putting a ball in play I want to fully control the decisions my player makes or does not make on the base paths. Also including a true ability to choose how we slide into bases to avoid tags or contact, etc.
I just want them to make a way to manually stop in between bases. say i steal and the cpu batter hits a fly ball... i want to be able to stop without retreating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

What sort of A.I enhancements does the community think we'll see in the leap from PS3. What areas of cpu players might become more competitive and cpu managing on & off the field..

Mostly the play seems fair in every game just depending on the level you choose.. but I'm sure others know some areas they expect improved on the PS4 version.

Just another thing we can discuss

Last edited by @legendm0de; 07-25-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Lightbulb Re: PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
I just want them to make a way to manually stop in between bases. say i steal and the cpu batter hits a fly ball... i want to be able to stop without retreating
Hitting L2 I believe will freeze runners, I've done it many of times. Then you can hit R1 if you need to retreat or L1 to go for more bases.

But I still want a much more personal control of my baserunner, and hopefully they can incorporate a seamless switch between baserunners as well so we can control whichever runner we want during a play.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 07-25-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

I wish the CPU would shuffle their lineups/bullpen according to performance rather than attributes. I know this could be hard to implement but it would be sweet if they could. For example if the number 8 hitter is hitting .325 with 7 home runs and 10 doubles after a quarter season maybe they move him up to the 2 spot until he comes back to earth. Or if a lefty who normally gets platooned is having success against left handed pitching they make him an everyday player (a la Adam Lind this year for the Jays). Or say a closer is having a terrible season he gets moved out of the closer's role and into middle relief (or even sent down) for another reliever pitching better. Would be cool.

Last edited by 1stpitchhacker; 07-25-2013 at 04:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »