Home

Do 3rd String Players get Reps in Preseason Games?

This is a discussion on Do 3rd String Players get Reps in Preseason Games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Do 3rd String Players get Reps in Preseason Games?

This is more targeted at 3rd string QB and RBs as WRs easily get in if they are 3rd or fourth in the depth chart. M13: this did not happen. I think the 2nd string would get some reps each game but the 3rd stringers never did, even in the 1st and 2nd preseason games - WHICH THEY SHOULD - THAT IS THEIR ONLY CHANCE TO SHINE!

Hoping this changed for M25 for those of us who don't want to be a 1st round draft pick coming out of college.
Thanks,
Rich
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Re: Do 3rd String Players get Reps in Preseason Games?

It did not change. Which is just dumb.

First string first quarter. Rest of the game is backups. It only ever auto subs in 3rd string if second gets tired for a play or two.

I wish we had the option to set our preseason rotations. Like say in this game I want to start this QB and have this one play this many reps only, and then have this one come in in the 3rd, etc.

I guess that asking too much though.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
It did not change. Which is just dumb.

First string first quarter. Rest of the game is backups. It only ever auto subs in 3rd string if second gets tired for a play or two.

I wish we had the option to set our preseason rotations. Like say in this game I want to start this QB and have this one play this many reps only, and then have this one come in in the 3rd, etc.

I guess that asking too much though.
I was not thumb upping the fact they did not change that. That SUCKS...That ruins the whole point of starting from the complete bottom and becoming an NFL starter. Damn...

I did however thumb up your Preseason Roster Idea...of course I'm a player so I cannot control that but to me the coaches should be smarter..
Old 08-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Also, what ever happened to position battles? I liked that feature. They just needed to flesh it out a bit more.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
Also, what ever happened to position battles? I liked that feature. They just needed to flesh it out a bit more.
Agreed...I thought that was awesome. I even liked the pre-draft workouts you had to do to get speed, strength, etc from the early additions of Madden NFL Star mode or whatever it was called. Just add those simple things in and the Player side of things would be so much better,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Most positions do, but I can confirm for a fact the 3rd string quarterback will not get a single rep in pre-season unless there is an injury. I can live with this however because last year if you simmed your starters played the whole game.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy626
Most positions do, but I can confirm for a fact the 3rd string quarterback will not get a single rep in pre-season unless there is an injury. I can live with this however because last year if you simmed your starters played the whole game.
I'm sure many can live without but those of us who want to start at the bottom and PLAY every game would like this ability there. If EA is not going to do it they need to stop saying "Want to take a 3rd string player and make them into a starter...you can" You can but you just don't get everything you need like the in game experience that Pre-Season can give those trying to shine...besides practicing...fun times!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does the kicker sub in for the punter still? I always wanted the CPU to score in preseason because I didn't want a 10 yard punt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »