Home

It's that time of year again...Show Version

This is a discussion on It's that time of year again...Show Version within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

There were some places I never thought I would have to post this...

From now until this post is unstickied, IMMEDIATE and PERMANENT bans will be handed out for any infractions in The Show forums. A few examples that will get you banned include, but are not limited to:
  • Attacking other users (let me add that this INCLUDES attacking a user who has posted a constructive criticism of the game because you think you police this forum and not the moderators)
  • Trolling (Explained in the TOS in Steve's Forum)
  • Inciting post riots (Akin to yelling 'Fire' in a movie theater. Claiming you have the game when you do not. Claiming you know things about the game that you don't actually know)
  • Being a jerk (Common sense, really. Think before you push the 'Post' button.)

I hate posting these threads, but the forum has become abysmal on both sides of the coin. People can't post a negative reaction to the game with the 'cavalry' coming to attack the poster, not his thought. And some of the negative posters just can't seem to post constructively.

It ends now, either with everyone shaping up, or a lot of people being shipped out.

I am leaving the thread open to discussion from anyone who wishes to post. You will not be banned for expressing your opinion in this post, and as long as you do it in a civil manner.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: It's that time of year again...Show Version

Good. This is what I've been waiting for. Reading comment after comment of people attacking one another and mocking other peoples VALID (some aren't; some are) opinions. Hopefully we can go back to having appropriate debates in The Show forums.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
Rookie

StatikSelekta's Arena

OVR: 0

Forum police yup let's ban the lot of them. And for that matter new people like me shouldn't be shat on just because we share a thought others don't like.

As soon as someone opines as to the PS3 version of the show being irrelevant and why the hounds come out to roost.

It's an opinion not an attack on any particular person. But hey that's just my two pennies what do I know.

BY THE WAY MILLENNIUM: FIRE! FIRE! :-P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatikSelekta
Forum police yup let's ban the lot of them. And for that matter new people like me shouldn't be shat on just because we share a thought others don't like.

As soon as someone opines as to the PS3 version of the show being irrelevant and why the hounds come out to roost.

It's an opinion not an attack on any particular person. But hey that's just my two pennies what do I know.

BY THE WAY MILLENNIUM: FIRE! FIRE! :-P

I PMed you, but I'd also like to know what the issue is:

You've badgered Ramone about releasing PS3 info and not PS4 info when only a month ago you were making a case for the PS3 version because you weren't going to purchase a PS4. I'm not sure what case you are making in this post.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

StatikSelekta's Arena

OVR: 0

Wait what? So mentioning an employee who is apart of a team that helps develop the show is badgering someone?

I have never PM'd that man in my life or spoken disparagingly about him either.

There is no problem at all unless this website is not for varying opinions and people from all walks of life.

I own a PS4, an Xbox One, A PS3, and an Xbox 360 others talk where as I can prove it with pictures :-)

I made no sort of case for the PS3 copy of the show I believe you're mistaken, and where on earth I ever stated I would not purchase a PS4 when I've had it since day one is beyond me.

I'm a light hearted live and let live kinda guy. So I'll apologize to anyone who feels they need one.

I'm just having fun with words at the end of the day. I don't know you and you don't know me, I'm only here to read and opine no more no less.

I don't want any trouble, we are all gaming brethren. The point of my post was to say forum police who think they are moderators when they aren't should be dealt with just like personal attacks on newbies, veterans, and anyone else.

I enjoy the back and fourths it's good for the soul Millennium, I'm Eddie I concede and I'll be cool.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatikSelekta
Wait what? So mentioning an employee who is apart of a team that helps develop the show is badgering someone?

I have never PM'd that man in my life or spoken disparagingly about him either.

There is no problem at all unless this website is not for varying opinions and people from all walks of life.

I own a PS4, an Xbox One, A PS3, and an Xbox 360 others talk where as I can prove it with pictures :-)

I made no sort of case for the PS3 copy of the show I believe you're mistaken, and where on earth I ever stated I would not purchase a PS4 when I've had it since day one is beyond me.

I'm a light hearted live and let live kinda guy. So I'll apologize to anyone who feels they need one.

I'm just having fun with words at the end of the day. I don't know you and you don't know me, I'm only here to read and opine no more no less.

I don't want any trouble, we are all gaming brethren. The point of my post was to say forum police who think they are moderators when they aren't should be dealt with just like personal attacks on newbies, veterans, and anyone else.

I enjoy the back and fourths it's good for the soul Millennium, I'm Eddie I concede and I'll be cool.

I just wanted to make sure you were alright with this ruling, first post seemed sort of off the wall. I misread a part of it, so thank you for clarifying.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

This is good. I see this all the time. A few posters come to mind that violate this. I read a lot of posts in here on the subjects that interest me and although I do acknowledge that some of the criticism towards developers and some of the opinions expressed about The Show are a little skewed, some are also valid examples of constructive criticism.

When I ask intelligent questions in conversation with developers, I don't need someone else answering it being all snarky. (This has only happened to me once)

When someone voices their displeasure that the item they wanted incorporated in The Show didn't make it in this year, let it spark intelligent conversation instead of immediately jumping all over the poster, defending a developer who was never even cited and probably doesn't even care to be defended.

I've never, ever been upset about what is and what's not incorporated in the game but this is an example of the **** that goes on in this forum. I think it's great to read different points and views and questions and seeing them debated and given light. That's the beauty of this forum!

You all should should take example from me LMAO, besides I have a sticky thread on the top of this forum, how many others can say that!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

It's a bummer that this is a necessary warning. I tend to find The Show fans to be a most intelligent and civil bunch. For my money, this is my favorite sub forum, so here's to an awesome year of posts about the next iteration of the best sports game on the market!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »