Home

Your Thoughts on the EASHL Beta

This is a discussion on Your Thoughts on the EASHL Beta within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Your Thoughts on the EASHL Beta

Hey everyone, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the EASHL Beta. What do you like, dislike, have concerns about, etc. From gameplay to menus to AI to goalies and player classes, I'm interested in all the feedback. What would you like to see fixed/changed/added in the game?

Feel free to post again or edit your post as you continue to play the Beta throughout the week. If you haven't already, please fill out this survey ran by EA. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/73FBJ5Q

Thanks,
Oohwayy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 06:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Your Thoughts on the EASHL Beta

Played 7-8 games last night. All as forward except 1 game as goalie. Tried all forward builds except Enforcer and Power Forward.

The Grinder did not feel that fast to me or feel that unique. I actually felt like the Two Way Forward felt like a Grinder. Sniper and Playmaker felt very distinct.

I was pretty happy with the gameplay overall. I was able to protect the puck fairly well along the boards, yet at the same time it wasn't invincible. The lifting of the stuck button (X?) seems very watered down. A number of times I tried to lift an opposing players stick and I was in perfect position and nothing happened.

Shooting seems to be much more reliant on user input rather than a soft auto aim, which I think is good. Same with passing, seems like it requires more user input to aim it.

I've already seen some great rebound goals that were realistic. I thought rebound goals were a glaring omission in NHL 15. Same with a deflect goal I got.

I only played Goalie once, but moving side-to-side was incredibly difficult to control how much he slides/steps. I think it was a 5-4 game and probably 6 of those goals were simply due to a goalie accidentally moving to far left or right before a shot was even fired.

Oh, and where is the mullet option!!!! And the red hair options are limited too, haha. Makes it difficult to recreate my Ginger Bread character.

The Joffa helmet looks off as well. The tape on the shinguards doesn't look right, the bottom tape is to high on the shin pad. I'm hoping for some more gear customization int he final build. Like pant selection, I want to use my Tackla pants! And I dind't see a jersey tuck option.

I also wish you had more customization on character performance. Nothing major to ruin the set class system, but it'd be nice to be able to choose like maybe a slightly faster Power Forward vs. a slightly better defensively PF.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
Rookie

This is kinda a joke with no drop in games

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDMC
This is kinda a joke with no drop in games

How so? This isn't meant to provide feedback for random games. It was meant to provide feedback from groups of people playing together with teamwork (the focus of the game this cycle as shown by having teammates in the cover).

Remember guys - a beta is used for feedback about the game, not so everyone can just play it early for a week.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
How so? This isn't meant to provide feedback for random games. It was meant to provide feedback from groups of people playing together with teamwork (the focus of the game this cycle as shown by having teammates in the cover).

Remember guys - a beta is used for feedback about the game, not so everyone can just play it early for a week.

How are we supposed to play if each club is limited to one game at a time? I would love to come back with real feedback on the game, but I have yet to play it because of the lack of drop in and, not being able to play multiple club games at once.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 08:05 PM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I played 7-8 games last night with my established club.

Go to the player availability thread here and find out who is playing and make a time with other users.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Alrighty I just joined the os east club and I've been sitting at the dressing room

Old 07-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDMC
Alrighty I just joined the os east club and I've been sitting at the dressing room

Are you seriously that socially challenged?

Join a public club, see others sitting in the dressing room. Message others about creating a new club and playing together. BOOM.

Its what I did last night and it worked great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »