Home

What is your method for grinding innings?

This is a discussion on What is your method for grinding innings? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #1
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
What is your method for grinding innings?

What is your method for grinding innings? Do you pick a team, load up your entire squad with them, and go play? Do you cut your team in half and work on two teams at once? Conquest? Extra inning games?

I had been just picking one team, whichever one I had the least amount of innings to go on, and putting as many of their players in my lineup as I could and putting my best available players on the bench for late-game situations. However, I had a situation where I was pretty even across the board in terms of innings away for the Rays, Nationals and Astros missions, and I had a lot of Nationals pitchers but not many hitters, and I had a lot of Rays hitters but not many pitchers, so I have about 3 Astros and 4 Rays in my lineup with a National, and then my pitchers are spread pretty evenly between the three teams.
So what is your method for grinding out innings in terms of how you build your team?

I was thinking about just not paying attention to how many innings I have to go for a team and just working from which team I have the most cards of currently and using them so I can have the highest number of players possible on my team, but I feel like that is inefficient unless they are spread across all the positions.

Even though I have 22 Orioles cards, I think 17 of them are pitchers and about 13 of those are relievers. So I'd rather use a team where I might only have 13 cards but I have 7 position players and 6 pitchers and can get them all in the lineup at once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is your method for grinding innings?

I load up on as many of the players as I can and I play 9 Inning games usually against Yetis on Legend. Right now I'm grinding the Padres and so my whole lineup are Padres players and I have some bench players that are Padres and most of my bullpen is made up of Padres and my whole starting rotation is Padres. Conquest is usually only 3 innings so it would take too long and I have no idea what extra innings is. It's probably an online mode that you need PlayStation Plus for and since I don't have it I don't play online.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
I load up on as many of the players as I can and I play 9 Inning games usually against Yetis on Legend. Right now I'm grinding the Padres and so my whole lineup are Padres players and I have some bench players that are Padres and most of my bullpen is made up of Padres and my whole starting rotation is Padres. Conquest is usually only 3 innings so it would take too long and I have no idea what extra innings is. It's probably an online mode that you need PlayStation Plus for and since I don't have it I don't play online.
Extra innings is where you are playing Yetis at. The 9-inning games against the CPU.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #4
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Then my method to grind is playing Extra Innings LOL.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:49 PM   #5
Rookie

I do not really grind so much...yet.

My strategy recently has been to aim for players that will help me get tickets and advance the rank of a captain. I just managed to get Donaldson up to 30 and had Altuve at 27 so I switched over.

My Donaldson lineup had ONLY players with clutch ratings above 75 and I did not really care which team they came from. My reason for this? I am so far off on many innings that it does not make a difference at this point. I may as well just rack up innings with whatever team I can.

The only other rule I put in place is that I may not use players from teams I have already finished. Meaning, I can not use any Cubs, Brewers or Cardinals players. I grinded out Rizzo to level 30 using all NL Central players to get me there.

So to answer your question, I do whatever will get me more tickets and help get all of my captains to level 30. I have put a particular focus on Braves, Mets and Phillies players lately, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

I go full roster of the team i'm grinding. So I get the max 81 innings per game. I buy the cheap flashback hitters of that team as well so I also get credit for the blast from the past mission as well.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #7
Rookie

I did the Yeti method will full squads until I got the guys I wanted. Now I've picked 2-3 teams I'm trying to complete just for the XP and have a couple of the guys I've unlocked thrown into the mix. Playing the Yeti's just gets old especially once you use to do two teams, so now I feel I can be competitive against others. I pick a captain accordingly because they are all at level 30. When I do unlock an XP boost I pick the captain I probably will not use the most (the pitcher with #'s of 40 and dump the XP to him).
Old 07-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #8
Rookie

buziii's Arena

I usually work on two teams at a time, sometimes three. I play both Extra Innings and Conquest, depending on what I'm feelin'. I'm not a serious player and I'm not in a big hurry to complete anything.

I do wish they would add some kind of reward system for Conquest, after it's been completed once. Even something small like a standard pack upon completion would give some additional incentive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »