Home

NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 01:46 AM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is just the very initial FULL BETA release of my sliders, and I have yet to fine-tune a number of settings (Most of which have to do with AI decision making). This update fills out the rest of my slider set, getting rid of all empty values from the v0.1 BETA. Gameplay will be tweaked and fine-tuned from here, but this is a fantastic base to work with!

2k Default Roster Slider Set v0.2.3 *BETA* - Latest Update: July 24th

Spoiler

PS4 2K Share
Online ID: EccentricMeat
Content Name: TheEccentricEdition

XB1 2K Share
Online ID: Marina Oswald
Content Name: Eccentric v0.2.2

Note: The above files on 2K Share are NOT fully updated. Simply download the file and then change the few settings posted in BOLD above.

See It in Action

Spoiler

My Current Focus Areas
On-Ball Defense/Defensive Rotations/Shot Contests
Overall AI Offensive Tendencies

PLEASE post any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, positive or negative, so that I know what people like about my slider set and what I need to improve on! Also, please post any and all personal findings and/or tweaks you've tried out! Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc. And also, it's just fun to see the results everyone is getting and to have a discussion on what can be improved/what should be left alone.

Here's a simple resource I made to help depict what exactly "realistic stats" should look like:
NBA Stats to Replicate with Sliders

Thanks to everyone who gave my thread a 1-star rating before I even posted my slider set!

Now that I have FINALLY posted a full slider set, give them a try and rate my thread accordingly! And as always, PLEASE feel free to LIKE this post if this thread has helped you out in anyway (or if you just think I'm a cool guy). It is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-15-2017 at 01:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 03:12 AM   #2
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

I played 5 full games since Monday.

The default sliders are pretty good this year although in each difficulty level the sliders are automatically changing there will be still matters that should be handled.

In superstar difficulty, CPU's shooting ratings are automatically at 54 while the users are at 50.

The movement of the players, the realism has upped considerably and i'm very happy that they addressed the foul issues, you don't need to adjust anything now, you get the calls by default.

The contact system is pretty good, the refs. call fouls when they are fouls and they let it go when there is minimal contact.

The CPU is pretty smart, the teams play very similar to their real versions as GSW takes quick shots, Curry plays like Curry, dribbles to create a 3 pointer or goes through to finish at the rim. Toronto plays 4+ 1 big men and Lowry always drives and creates shots for himself or for the open players.

I played with auto subs. method and I played with players that were not playing well together for my liking that's why I lost more games that I usually do ( 1 win, 4 loss - 2 against GSW and CLE) with Detroit, Denver and Milwaukee.

I think the game is pretty good, you'll all love it this year.

With minimal slider changes we'll all enjoy the best b.ball simulation as always
Old 09-16-2016, 03:32 AM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

The most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:38 AM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

After a few hours of gameplay, I can safely say that this game plays BEAUTIFULLY out of the box. I'm going to be spending a lot of time figuring out what actually NEEDS to be tweaked.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:55 AM   #5
Rookie

MielVB's Arena

OVR: 1

Eccentric, what would you say is the starting point for pretty well rounded but not great 2K veterans? Superstar? Do you get realistic shooting percentages so far?

Thanks for all your hard work, as always!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 07:13 AM   #6
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MielVB
Eccentric, what would you say is the starting point for pretty well rounded but not great 2K veterans? Superstar? Do you get realistic shooting percentages so far?

Thanks for all your hard work, as always!
I got very realistic shooting % in Superstar both for CPU and User. I'm not sure if there is any need to tweak shooting numbers in sliders
Old 09-16-2016, 07:15 AM   #7
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
After a few hours of gameplay, I can safely say that this game plays BEAUTIFULLY out of the box. I'm going to be spending a lot of time figuring out what actually NEEDS to be tweaked.
That's true.

Most of the out-of-box problems in previous 2K's do not exist this year:

Rebounding Issues
Lack of Foul Calls
Too many Steals
High Percentage Shots
Old 09-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #8
Rookie

We gonna have to see after a few patches release, 2K always plays decent out the box then them patches come out....patches💉

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »