Home

MyCAREER Has a Realism Problem

This is a discussion on MyCAREER Has a Realism Problem within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MyCAREER Has a Realism Problem

Last year, you “Lived the Dream.” This year you experienced your “Prelude” to greatness. Both of these modes in Visual Concepts’ NBA 2K franchise were supposed to acclimate and immerse you into the game’s premier mode, MyCareer. Both years had you assume a player whose visage and role you could create, but whose persona was already determined via the story mode crafted by Visual Concepts. I’m not here to talk about the merits of last year’s “movie of the week” presentation (personally, I liked it) or this year’s evolved version that grants you much more control over your player during your rookie NBA season.

I’m here to talk about something else. Just like last year, your guy. You. The President of basketball, aka Pres, flat out SUCKS!

Read More - MyCAREER Has a Realism Problem
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer Has a Realism Problem

All would be good if we were allowed to skip these corny scenes. Some of them are cringe worthy.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have not spent a fine I wasted drafted 7th and I'm avereging 12.7 points and 9ast a game and I'm only a 68 and yes I have all those deals most of those deals come from potential not when you become the guy Lebrun got ALOT of deals out of highschool so did kudos out of college you get those when someone sees greatness in you . Anyway I don't think it's a vcmoney grab if you want to grind it out I think vc is there for the guys who don't WANT to grind and want the easy way to stardom anyway sounded like you needed to get your stick skills up not so much 2ks failt imo
Old 10-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #4
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

The biggest issue I have always had with MyCareer more so since the jump to the current consoles is how poorly rated you are despite supposedly being a higher touted prospect. If we are meant to be this highly touted prospect why constantly give us such poor overall ratings to begin the game it just doesn't fit the story they are trying to tell. Im not expecting us to come into the NBA and be at the level Lebron was when he made his debut as a rookie but a 59 overall for someone who is meant to be a highly touted player is a joke.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

My Career has a cutscene problem. Stop trying to act like you want to produce "The Last of us 2" rather than a basketball game.

Also stop forcing people into "themes" and design a system for offline-users to actually play it as a career mode rather than a means to enter online-modes, that way i as an offline user would not be handicapped by restrictions put in place to "protect" other online users.
I have no desire to use my player online, all i want is start as a decently rated player and choose my own parameters of playing the game (heck, i would even enjoy being able to limit my potential to improve).

Last edited by Whomario; 10-03-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

They put alot into the story which don't make any sense and no one can relate to it. I don't understand why the forced story Everytime.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:04 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

If realism was the goal there would be no VC to speak of. You'd improve through drills and in game play.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #8
Rookie

I agree with the gripe..you almost HAVE to spend $20+ in VC in order to get your player to be at a decent level. If they went with 2 years ago and you went undrafted.. 65-68 rating makes sense. But lottery we should at least be 70s. But then again..people are spending the money so why should they stop!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »