Home

Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Madden NFL 17 title update #10 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the patch notes below.

UPDATE: Clint and Rex gave more details about the patch in their Twitch stream, watch the archive here.

Gameplay
  • Removed the ability to flick the R-Stick to pump fake when the player is outside of the pocket. Right Stick will now always throw ball away in these situations.
  • Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
  • Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
  • Fixed issue where QB’s could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
  • Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
  • Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
  • Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
  • Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
  • Made some zone coverage adjustments to improve an issue where C Routes were overpowered when run on the wide side of the field with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
  • Increased frequency of broken tackles that can trigger from hit sticks. This will add more risk to going for hit stick tackles.
  • Fixed CPU punters kicking high into the wind, causing short punts.
  • Fixed a short delay that could rarely occur when attempting to snap the ball.
  • Fixed a variety of ‘players freezing’ issues when coming out of blocking interactions.
  • Tuned up fumble chances on ‘precision dive over top’ and increased the Tier requirements to perform the elite version of this mechanic.
  • Fixed an issue where free offensive linemen would not react to a nearby defender who just beat a block.
  • A variety of pass block targeting issues resolved.
  • Fixed several encroachment bugs that would result from aligning and sliding the defense in pre-play.
  • Addressed a rare issue where defenders could get into a state where they could not be blocked.
  • Fixed an issue where turning the pass accuracy slider to 0 would have very little impact in game.
  • Fixed a turbo blitz off the edge that was specific to players in a 4 point stance.
  • Addressed an issue where a DB in press coverage would not be able to defend a player locked user WR hot routed to a smoke screen
Stability
  • Tuned a variety of issues related to community feedback that lower rated offensive line was too effective against an elite defensive line. This change will also make elite OL more effective against lower rated D-line.
  • Addressed feedback that various online modes played at different game speeds. All online game speeds now consolidated to run at normal game speed.
  • Addressed an issue where a user in an online game could disconnect/concede and result in a crash for the opponent.
  • Addressed an issue where a timeout call on the pause menu could lead to camera settings being switched. This was also used as a grieving tactic to reset opponents camera.
  • Fixed an issue where user settings would be reset to defaults in a play a friend game. This includes the auto flip setting defaulting to on.
Franchise
  • Fixed CFM issue where user would receive an Invite Error Popup when trying to invite another user to a Franchise game.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Nice update.

I hope the MUT and DC crowd doesn't complain much.(said with dripping sarcasm)
Old 02-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Funny I had all the below happen to me last night in one Draft Champions game. With all this and fixing the punt glitch, seems like a solid final patch! Thanks EA!

Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
· Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
· Fixed issue where QB’s could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
· Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
· Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
· Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
· Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #4
MVP

I feel like this patch covered most the community feedback. At some point it needs to be recognized that the development team continues to try and make it right. It may not always be at the rate at which people want it, but they eventually get it done. If everything works here as written, I am very impressed with their dedication to the community.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The punting fix is huge, and for my money, I'm very interested in the zone improvements, the OL pass-block targeting improvements, and the tuning to increase the importance of elite OL. That all sounds very sim-oriented. I think they deserve credit for that from the sim crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Fixed an issue where turning the pass accuracy slider to 0 would have very little impact in game.
Found it interesting that they mentioned this specific scenario rather than mentioning tuning the QB Accuracy slider as a whole. I'd imagine if the whole slider was tuned (which hopefully it was) that it will be immediately noticeable to anyone playing on settings with QB Accuracy down around ten or lower. I've uninstalled but I'll be really interested to see what impact this change has.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #7
MVP

tyler28's Arena

The offensive lineman adjustment elite vs. Lower tier is huge for me.

It always felt like the ol played the same no matter what team i was using.

Very good update. Seems like they hit every issue that they could.
Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-14-2017, 10:07 AM   #8
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

File size is only about 441 mb. Will be playing soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »