Home

Frustrated with ranked season play

This is a discussion on Frustrated with ranked season play within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Frustrated with ranked season play

Couple thoughts i have on ranked season play but it applies to BR and Events.

1. Too many home runs. Its seriously ridiculous.

2. Too many tools playing. Yesterday i played a guy who was sending me messages all game with disparaging remarks. That one takes the cake but ive had too many to count.

3. I really dont understand the hitting mechanics online. Guys im playing against can hit just about every pitch i throw no matter where it is, out of the park. I get green PCI, good swing, and either miss the ball completely, foul ball, or weak pop out. This is the most frustrating part.

4. I hover around 600-650. Once i get to 640ish, i cant win a game. Today, i was at 652 and lost five games in a row To guys who all they did was hit home runs with yellow swings and ball not near the pci.

Playing people online just isnt fun. Im doing to to try to get the wins for the dynasty program and its horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
Rookie

thekingofKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Frustrated with ranked season play

1. I mean sure, its nothing like it used to be. The physics and sliders are set for the typical player in mind, so if you have people matched up who are poor pitchers and quality hitters you're going to get hard hit balls.

2. That sucks that happened to you. You can block communication. Other than that I've only dealt with players who messed around with practicing swinging/using R2 every pitch while batting and taking forever to pitch. But that was in the way lower levels, haven't had any problems up around WS.

3. The game doesn't have it out for you and isn't giving your opponent an unfair advantage. There is a big range of talents when it comes to hitting, some dudes are just really good.

4. BTW the PCI for your opponent doesn't move on your screen. So it won't look like they're moving it when they obviously are. You're going to go through tough spells, just keep grinding and improve your skills. A big part of hitting is recognizing pitches, reaction time, and PCI placement. Those take a really long time to develop, you just have to grind out hours at the plate to hone the skills.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofKC
1. I mean sure, its nothing like it used to be. The physics and sliders are set for the typical player in mind, so if you have people matched up who are poor pitchers and quality hitters you're going to get hard hit balls.

2. That sucks that happened to you. You can block communication. Other than that I've only dealt with players who messed around with practicing swinging/using R2 every pitch while batting and taking forever to pitch. But that was in the way lower levels, haven't had any problems up around WS.

3. The game doesn't have it out for you and isn't giving your opponent an unfair advantage. There is a big range of talents when it comes to hitting, some dudes are just really good.

4. BTW the PCI for your opponent doesn't move on your screen. So it won't look like they're moving it when they obviously are. You're going to go through tough spells, just keep grinding and improve your skills. A big part of hitting is recognizing pitches, reaction time, and PCI placement. Those take a really long time to develop, you just have to grind out hours at the plate to hone the skills.

You can see their pci after the pitch if you have pitch feedback on. I can tell they are all pretty much using directional hitting. Anything out in the zone with directional hitting is a hard hit ball somewhere. Its ridiculous.

Also, is anyone wlse having the issue where where someone will hit a line drive about a foot above your infielders head and they dont move, jump, or even attempt to make a play. Ive seen it on at least 10 occasions now. Gotta be some type of problem they can fix.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:05 PM   #4
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I had an opponent sending negative messages while we were playing also. I wonder if its the same guy. I blocked him from communication. Had another opponent that was pausing his connection while I was pitching. I got to the wild card division but I'm not going to try and make it to the world series. Not worth the hassle to deal with these die hards.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #5
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
I had an opponent sending negative messages while we were playing also. I wonder if its the same guy. I blocked him from communication. Had another opponent that was pausing his connection while I was pitching. I got to the wild card division but I'm not going to try and make it to the world series. Not worth the hassle to deal with these die hards.

Funny enough, as you move up the rankings your opponents actually are increasingly more enjoyable to play. Lots of the guys that play WS are cool and don't try to cheat the game, they're just good. If you can break through the 700-800 level your online experience will improve drastically (at least in my experience).

I've met a lot of cool guys on this game, but I agree with what you're saying. A lot of the people in the lower tiers are just trolls and it does make playing the game online less appealing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

I mean, I just attributed most of it to the netcode being bad. But then again, I'm only in the low 500s(But I've won all but one game)
Old 05-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #7
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer1in20
You can see their pci after the pitch if you have pitch feedback on. I can tell they are all pretty much using directional hitting. Anything out in the zone with directional hitting is a hard hit ball somewhere. Its ridiculous.

Also, is anyone wlse having the issue where where someone will hit a line drive about a foot above your infielders head and they dont move, jump, or even attempt to make a play. Ive seen it on at least 10 occasions now. Gotta be some type of problem they can fix.

No you cant. You do not see where your opponent swings.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #8
Rookie

thekingofKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
No you cant. You do not see where your opponent swings.

Thanks fam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »