Home

Assuming your release timing is as perfect as it could possibly be...

This is a discussion on Assuming your release timing is as perfect as it could possibly be... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Assuming your release timing is as perfect as it could possibly be...

What should the IDEAL 3 point percentage be on 2k for people with the following ratings?

For reference in real life:

30% and under is horrible and your coach probably hates you for even attempting a 3.

36-38% You can hit when open but still aren't a consistent threat.

39-45% for the most part don't leave them open.

45-52% Snipers. You are a top 10 best all time 3 point shooter percentage wise. Leaving you open is flat out STUPID.

54% You have officially become the greatest 3 point shooter percentage wise of all time.

anything above 54% no one in NBA history has ever done this. You are a 3pt GOD.

So now lets revisit the question. What % should players with these rating shoot to make the game BALANCED and FAIR. Ill give my opinions as we go.

50 and under You shouldn't be able to hit ANY 3s period. Your pure trash. Like your jumper is so bad that you should hit the side of the backboard shooting from the top of the key somehow. Shooting 3s with this rating in MyCareer should literally get you benched. You should have your shoot button disabled in park for life. You shouldn't shoot over 15% from 3 in any given season

60 you are still utterly trash and you should probably still get benched but maybe if you cross your fingers and pray to whatever god you pray to the 3 will go in. You should never shoot above 25% in any given season.

70 you have either a good rotation or form but you just are missing something that makes it consistent. You can hit wide open but anything other than wide open is going to be difficult for you. Your coach likes to see you shoot wide open but nothing else. You should probably never shoot above 32% from 3 ever.

80 rating means you are fairly consistent and shouldn't be left open. You worked really hard on your form and shoot good shots. You are fairly consistent but you still need to be near wide open to hit consistently. You shouldn't shoot over 45% in any season.

90 rating means you are a cold hombre. You are a sniper wide open and you are very experienced with shooting in the faces of defenders. Your consistency sets you apart from others. You should never shoot higher than 54% in a season.

99 rating means you are one of the GOATs of shooting. Seeing as this is a sim basketball game and no one has ever shot above 54%. You should never shoot over 60% from 3 in any given season. That leaves you room to become the GOAT shooter but also remains at least fairly balanced and realistic.

Would anybody be happy with these percentages being carried over to park and Pro AM? Do you guys just flat out think they suck?

If you noticed the percentage gap between 70 rated players and 80 rated players is noticeably large compared to the others. I did that on purpose as to weed out all the guys who upgrade their shot just far enough to where they know they'll hit consistently. In 2k you can hit consistent 3s at a 60 rating. I believe your shot shouldn't fall with ANY consistency until you hit an 80 rating. That would stop all these lockdowns and big men from upgrading their 3 and make the game more balanced.

P.S. I want some honest feedback on this. Because when Mike Wang made a post on Twitter describing shooting changes I saw a lot of dudes on there saying that they should shoot 100% if they are wide open in Pro Am and Park. If you have rationale for that then id like to hear it, because no one on Twitter responded to me and explained why they felt that way.

Last edited by Housh123; 05-30-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Assuming your release timing is as perfect as it could possibly be...

I agree with you man, that would be great!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
Pro

lol anything is better than now where a 50 and high school 1 means you need to be defended like Ray Allen and are a threat to not miss once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2017, 09:58 PM   #4
Pro

If a guy shoots 36-38% from behind the arc, he's a dangerous shooter. But I agree with the direction you're heading in. I think 80 should be in that 35-38% range, amd 90% should be 45% because that is godly, and 99 should be north of 54%

Oh, and I assume this is all uncontested percentages

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
50 and under You shouldn't be able to hit ANY 3s period. Your pure trash. Like your jumper is so bad that you should hit the side of the backboard shooting from the top of the key somehow. Shooting 3s with this rating in MyCareer should literally get you benched. You should have your shoot button disabled in park for life. You shouldn't shoot over 15% from 3 in any given season
So which is it? Not make any 3's or only make <15%?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 11:07 PM   #6
Pro

I agree for offline and pro-am. I wouldn't mind if park was slightly higher. Just because it's easier to get to the rim in park. So if 3s were too low, no one would set up plays to get open looks on the perimeter. Not like it is now where every open look is automatic practically though.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:17 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I agree for offline and pro-am. I wouldn't mind if park was slightly higher. Just because it's easier to get to the rim in park. So if 3s were too low, no one would set up plays to get open looks on the perimeter. Not like it is now where every open look is automatic practically though.

Right now 3s are automatic and guys will stop passing to you if take a 2 over a 3 and guys won't pass to you to begin with if you can't shoot

Old 05-31-2017, 12:08 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Right now 3s are automatic and guys will stop passing to you if take a 2 over a 3 and guys won't pass to you to begin with if you can't shoot

Yeah I agree. 3s are tuned way too high. I often play with guys who will catch my outlet pass on a break and dribble out to the 3 line to shoot because it's so reliable. I can be standing under the hoop alone for the full 3 count and a lot of times my teammates will ignore me while they hunt for 3s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »