Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: Rookie Ken Griffey Jr. Added to Ticket Store

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: Rookie Ken Griffey Jr. Added to Ticket Store within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

There is no roster update this week, but the Rookie Ken Griffey Jr. card was added to the Ticket Store so that folks who did not pre-order the game can now finish the Ken Griffey Jr. Diamond Program. The card costs 5,000 Tickets, the same as the Veteran Ken Griffey Jr. card cost when it was added to the Ticket Store earlier this season.

Beyond that addition, there are two new time-limited missions that tie in to Father's Day. During Father's Day weekend, using Ken Griffey Sr. and Jr. cards will push you towards the universal retro icon for your profile.

On the card pack front, there is the June 16 Bases Loaded pack, which is a rehash of an earlier concept where you can get one old promo pack or a bundle of packs (10, 20, 50), plus your two guaranteed standard packs from a random set (1-6). You can buy three of these packs, and each costs 5,000 Stubs. In theory, this is a good value proposition based on how much those packs would cost on their own, but of course it still comes down to what you pull in those packs. Either way, I enjoy this style of Bases Loaded pack because it ups the randomness in a way I enjoy even if the final results still aren't great cards.

Lastly, just a reminder that the new Ranked Season (Monster) began this week. The rewards are an All-Star Miguel Cabrera (98 overall) if you make it to World Series, and an All-Star Tim Lincecum (89) if you at least make it to Pennant Race. The season will end on July 10, and this season certainly gives the best Pennant Race reward so far for this year.

Below you can find a couple miscellaneous pictures relating to these updates, but that's it until next week y'all.

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Rookie Ken Griffey Jr. Added to Ticket Store

Bought 3 bases loaded packs, didn't get a 10, 20, or 50 from either of them.

Opened the packs that came with each and my best card was Ryan Zimmerman.

Buyer beware as usual...
Old 06-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Bought 3 bases loaded packs, didn't get a 10, 20, or 50 from either of them.

Opened the packs that came with each and my best card was Ryan Zimmerman.

Buyer beware as usual...
You beat my three packs then, best card was rookie Greg Bird. No idea why I bought them, I guess I'm just bored with the game
Old 06-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 27

Already got both Father's Day missions complete. You need to get 5 hits each with Ken Griffey Sr. and any Ken Griffey Jr. card you have. Lucked out and went 4-5 with Griffey Sr. in the first game I used him. Took me about 3-4 games to get the 10 hits with them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Bought two Bases Loaded packs and got Mad Bum in the 2nd. First for me a row pack with Built Wagner. Knocked out the Father's Day missions, too...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...

Last edited by wisdom less13; 06-17-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Chase,

Thank you for providing information on the various missions as they are released. It is very helpful.

I too appreciate that the last two missions (Oswalt and Ramirez) can be completed without having to participate on play on Playstation Plus. Yes, getting those walks will not be easy, but I am OK with that.

Up until last January I was a 100% RTTS person. Then last January I put my toe in the water with Diamond Dynasty and that is about all I now play.

I must say that being older (when I started following baseball Tommy Tresh was shortstop for the Yankees) I enjoy using the older legend players that I remember and just wish that instead of sometimes having four cards for the same player (Rookie, Impact Veteran, Breakout etc.) that there were more different former players. I know that is a licensing issue though.

Please keep your review of the updates coming.

Karle

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »